• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

250,000 Units Per Year ?

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do NOT want to break any bubbles ..

and I DO have my $ where my mouth is ! I am ALL IN for an Elio !!

CAN ANYONE NAME A VEHICLE WITH A PRODUCTION OF 250,000 PER YEAR ??

anyone ?

US or China or Japan ?????

someone commented they would not purchase engines from another manufacture because they could not keep up with the 250,000 projection ?

REALLY ????

I know NOTHING ABOUT PRODUCTION NUMBERS !

hmmmmmm

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do NOT want to break any bubbles ..

and I DO have my $ where my mouth is ! I am ALL IN for an Elio !!

CAN ANYONE NAME A VEHICLE WITH A PRODUCTION OF 250,000 PER YEAR ??

anyone ?

US or China or Japan ?????

someone commented they would not purchase engines from another manufacture because they could not keep up with the 250,000 projection ?

REALLY ????

I know NOTHING ABOUT PRODUCTION NUMBERS !

hmmmmmm

Elio is only 1/2 a car compared to most production cars. So higher numbers are possible but I wouldn't bet on it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Production numbers obviously are based on demand.
Ford Motors
image.jpg

c0yote

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each line can produce 500/day. Capacity for two production lines. 1,000/day x 250 working days/year = capable of producing 250,000 per year. Now if there isn't enough demand, they likely wouldn't be running both lines at 100% output and obviously wouldn't be at 100% for the first year, gradually ramping up production as the workers get more experienced with their roles.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Each line can produce 500/day. Capacity for two production lines. 1,000/day x 250 working days/year = capable of producing 250,000 per year. Now if there isn't enough demand, they likely wouldn't be running both lines at 100% output and obviously wouldn't be at 100% for the first year, gradually ramping up production as the workers get more experienced with their roles.

I just need to clarify there are not two separate assembly lines but just one line and two shifts which in the automotive industry are sometimes labeled as lines. Each shift/line can produce 500 vehicles or 1000 vehicles per day across two shifts. 1,000 per day x250 days in the average work year calendar equals 250,000 vehicles per year.

As many people do not understand how this volume is possible for comparison we know that using the very same plant GM was also producing over 1,000 pickup trucks and hummers each day across two shifts per day and those vehicles were much much more complex to build.

Of course we do not expect this volume to used from day one, or even in the first year, however the current plant does have the capacity to produce these vehicles in these volumes as demand warrants it.

Top Bottom