• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ever think that they have, but EM hasn't said anything about it? They aren't required to report all information to the general public / Reservation holders every day; as you have seen in the past; they release information as they see fit to release.
They could have a dozen of them done and in testing; or they could have focused on the 4 and are waiting to see if they need to make changes to the areas they are testing.
This is a good point. EM made a big deal, for a number of reasons, with having a prominent event showcasing the handing of the keys for E-1A to Continental: it's the first of the final validation prototypes, a big event with all the major partners there boosts their confidence in the endeavor, and the overall optics were fantastic.

On the other hand, having public announcements, even on a smaller scale, for each subsequent validation prototype might not be a good strategy. It might make the Elio diehards cream their pants, but after a couple of those releases, it begins to look a little desperate, like the completion of each E-1_ prototype is a huge deal in itself. Elio probably wants to make these look relatively routine after the first one, like it's no big deal (i.e., they know what they're doing, so why would they act like each one is a big deal?).

Last edited:

Eliodude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a good point. EM made a big deal, for a number of reasons, with having a prominent event showcasing the handing of the keys for E-1A to Continental: it's the first of the final validation prototypes, a big event with all the major partners there boosts their confidence in the endeavor, and the overall optics was fantastic.

On the other hand, having public announcements, even on a smaller scale, for each subsequent validation prototype might not be a good strategy. It might make the Elio diehards cream their pants, but after a couple of those releases, it begins to look a little desperate, like the completion of each E-1_ prototype is a huge deal in itself. Elio probably wants to make these look relatively routine after the first one, like it's no big deal (i.e., they know what they're doing, so why would they act like each one is a big deal?).

As the result of offering/selling an equity stake to the general public, Elio's corporate responsibilities have changed.

They are now required by law to report material changes in their business strategy as it evolves, including delay's to vehicle development and estimated production timelines.

This also includes material changes that effect their financial solvancy.

You can monitor these SEC document on the SEC EDGAR website.

https://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As the result of offering/selling an equity stake to the general public, Elio's corporate responsibilities have changed.

They are now required by law to report material changes in their business strategy as it evolves, including delay's to vehicle development and estimated production timelines.

This also includes material changes that effect their financial solvancy.

You can monitor these SEC document on the SEC EDGAR website.

https://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html
Let's keep in mind that EM being relatively quiet on the progress of their engineering and validation prototypes does not equate to a material change in their business strategy. Also, I believe their earlier disclosures mentioned exploration of different panel materials, so a change to galvanized steel does not rise to a reportable change.

EM could simply be in a "I'll let you know when there's something meaningful to tell you. In the meantime, let us focus on what needs to be done" mode.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
EM could simply be in a "I'll let you know when there's something meaningful to tell you. In the meantime, let us focus on what needs to be done" mode.

history has shown that with the haters, doubters, armchair experts, negative minded, trolls out there, that has been the best way for them to proceed

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ever think that they have, but EM hasn't said anything about it? They aren't required to report all information to the general public / Reservation holders every day; as you have seen in the past; they release information as they see fit to release.
They could have a dozen of them done and in testing; or they could have focused on the 4 and are waiting to see if they need to make changes to the areas they are testing.
We certainly don't know what we don't know.

You are certainly correct in the possibility that the builds are progressing as planned. I'm just speculating about why we might not have heard anything more. You know, if Elio doesn't say anything, speculation will fill the void. And I'm guilty as charged.

ps I'm certainly not a troll or skeptic, but I EXPECT changes to timelines when dealing with a startup. I'd rather see reasonable delays to get it right than bringing an inadequate vehicle to market just to make a self imposed deadline.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I EXPECT changes to timelines when dealing with a startup. I'd rather see reasonable delays to get it right than bringing an inadequate vehicle to market just to make a self imposed deadline.

to me that is a realistic way to look at it .... unfortunately, you've been around here long enough to know how some folks come unglued at the news of any type of delay .... like Chicken Little, they are convinced the sky is falling and want to spread the alarm in every direction

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The first E build was delivered and four more were in the works. Then they announced they would use steel for the body and I haven't heard anything on the build of the rest of the E-series. If they had anticipated a composite body, would this change cause a delay and if so, how significant? I had thought the E series builds would progress much faster than they have.
I would think that if they didn't already have the composite bodies, they wouldn't make them if the steel ones could be ready in a decent amount of time. It takes almost the same amount of time to make one body panel as it does to make 100 copies of that body panel. Once the die is cast, the die is cast.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a good point. EM made a big deal, for a number of reasons, with having a prominent event showcasing the handing of the keys for E-1A to Continental: it's the first of the final validation prototypes, a big event with all the major partners there boosts their confidence in the endeavor, and the overall optics was fantastic.

Good point.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think that if they didn't already have the composite bodies, they wouldn't make them if the steel ones could be ready in a decent amount of time. It takes almost the same amount of time to make one body panel as it does to make 100 copies of that body panel. Once the die is cast, the die is cast.
Alia iacta est! (The die is cast in Latin)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the next major event is unveiling the E1-C, which will be the "model" car ... intended for marketing (Jerome's baby) it will be retrofitted with each design change or update, so that it remains the "model" car. That could come in a week or two, possibly three, but I'm betting no later than that.

If it truly is the model car, it will have steel panels. Which could explain the delay in getting it done (along with B,D,E,and F, all of which were supposed to be done at about the same time).

Top Bottom