• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why The Prototypes Have To Wait On The Engine

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Read it again It was about ELIO paying IVA for the engine work in advance. I know exactly what I did with the $1000 I threw down.
If ELIO truly paid for that work ahead of time they should have got some major guarantees on meeting goals and penalties if not met.
Very common in business If they did not then ELIO needs to look at who signed that deal..
sorry- realized my mis-read by another member.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
I thought EM was the big fish having pulled together such a long list of partners which I thought would all be synchronized swimming in the same direction. EM is the 'customer partner' potentially writing purchase orders for millions of dollars worth of off the self parts from the manufacturing partners. I don't think IAV as an established reputable manufacturer would be hestitant to indicate they caused a minor delay. It seriously jeopodizes EM's credibility IAV's notsomuch. EM is driving the bus.
When dealing with a company whose other clients include the Volkswagen Group, BMW, PSA Peugeot Citroën, Fiat, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Porsche and Toyota, and Volkswagen Group is a 50% owner, you are most definitely not "driving the bus". You are a very small fish in a very big pond.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
I wasn't aware that the terms of EM's contract/agreement with IAV has been released .... unless they have, I don't know how one can make a statement as to the terms of that agreement
It has been reported over and over. ELIO paid IVA upfront for the engine work. For anyone to lay out that kind of cash and not get guarantees on meeting goals would be unheard of.

Folks

Elio Addict
I thought EM was the big fish having pulled together such a long list of partners which I thought would all be synchronized swimming in the same direction. EM is the 'customer partner' potentially writing purchase orders for millions of dollars worth of off the self parts from the manufacturing partners. I don't think IAV as an established reputable manufacturer would be hestitant to indicate they caused a minor delay. It seriously jeopodizes EM's credibility IAV's notsomuch. EM is driving the bus.

Am I missing something here? Has Elio announced other than a required new meeting date to be set for the formal unveiling presentation of the new engine? If so, Elio has not implied other that a proper protocol for rescheduling and and coordination necessary for the proper dignitaries to be present. Period. Although I must admit I don't have enough patience either. Once again what am I missing here?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It has been reported over and over. ELIO paid IVA upfront for the engine work. For anyone to lay out that kind of cash and not get guarantees on meeting goals would be unheard of.

agree on the paying up front .... logical on meeting goals .... is holding a demonstration within the scope of meeting a developmental goal .... what are the odds of a date for such a demonstration being in the contract .... is it possible that with IAV having other major clients that a provision in the contract may have set a hierarchy for use of resources .... I openly admit I don't know the answers so I don't feel comfortable speculating on them .... specially, in not in representing such speculation as being fact