• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why The Prototypes Have To Wait On The Engine

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You didn't pay for a product, you made a non-refundable payment for the opportunity to possibly buy the E with no promise that you'd even get one, and don't forget our/me greed with the $500 "incentive" dangling- we could have just waited with no $ or want-in.

Read it again It was about ELIO paying IVA for the engine work in advance. I know exactly what I did with the $1000 I threw down.
If ELIO truly paid for that work ahead of time they should have got some major guarantees on meeting goals and penalties if not met.
Very common in business If they did not then ELIO needs to look at who signed that deal..

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find Facebook to have the same quality of information as on here. Are members on here BONDED to tell the truth?
Are some members on here posting on Facebook? YES
I'm on Facebook and find most people's motivations for posting on EM's pages pretty random vs on much smaller group sites like this to be more purposeful and reflective, even when giving each other some shit. In that regard, I think smaller, focused groups like this to be generally more reliable, or as Howard Rhiengold (he's a very cool guy) would say, were acting as a crap detector.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Word on Face Book that some have got a non refundable refund. Any news here?

"My current outlook will change with a funding secured news release. I guess I will stop speculating on all of the other speculation, unless it's all positive, until I hear news that funding is confirmed. Highly likely, but the clock is ticking."

I think more and more may be thinking your way Rickb.

Think I may send in for a refund and to see how loud they scream.
I said nothing about a refund, Elio has my deposit and will keep it. There is absolutely no reason to request a refund and to do so is counter productive to funding.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you pay a company for both a product and service in advance, and that company fails to met a date you should have some compensation coming.
If not then once again who made that deal?
If delay was caused by IVA why would that have not been made clear at the time and reasons given. This is not a none of your business issue. Getting that engine start on time on video was very important to ELIO, after the announced delay in production. This was not a simple case of someone was late for work we will get at it tomorrow. The engine is the story right now, the chassis has been running around for some time with a GEO engine. Nothing much else was to happen until that engine was ready. As of today it is not

Once again, when I paid my "non-refundable", I understood the "terms of the agreement". If, I start demanding something "other than" what was earlier agreed upon, I am in breach of contract, and "could" be liable.

If I was EM, and was dealing with non-stop "libelous statements" from those "in breach of contract", I think I would consider using that "deposit" money, to start legal action. Just thinking out loud. ;):)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm on Facebook and find most people's motivations for posting on EM's pages pretty random vs on much smaller group sites like this to be more purposeful and reflective, even when giving each other some shit. In that regard, I think smaller, focused groups like this to be generally more reliable, or as Howard Rhiengold (he's a very cool guy) would say, were acting as a crap detector.
John, thanks, "crap detector" is exactly the term I've been searching for. I have been detecting a small % of crap lately, and frankly it's more purposeful and reflective to point out both sides in speculation, based on the few available facts, which may not be fact at all, providing that it's not in the form of negative ranting.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once again, when I paid my "non-refundable", I understood the "terms of the agreement". If, I start demanding something "other than" what was earlier agreed upon, I am in breach of contract, and "could" be liable.

If I was EM, and was dealing with non-stop "libelous statements" from those "in breach of contract", I think I would consider using that "deposit" money, to start legal action. Just thinking out loud. ;):)

You are extremely foolish. One you did not read what I said . Two not one word of libel in anything I have said. I know far better than you the terms under witch I sent ELIO $1000 dollars.
SO read it again The statements was about ELIO, it being said ELIO paid IVA in advance for all the engine work. That should have gotten them at least a start on time . And at least a much better excuse for it not happening.
It is ELIO own action that cast doubt on them and cut their creditability short.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are extremely foolish. One you did not read what I said . Two not one word of libel in anything I have said. I know far better than you the terms under witch I sent ELIO $1000 dollars.
SO read it again The statements was about ELIO, it being said ELIO paid IVA in advance for all the engine work. That should have gotten them at least a start on time . And at least a much better excuse for it not happening.
It is ELIO own action that cast doubt on them and cut their creditability short.

I will accept that "you think" I am extremely foolish. It appears to me (my opinion) you don't learn very fast. When you or (anyone else) makes a "statement of fact" instead of "stating an opinion"...it could become "troublesome" for the author of that statement.

You may want to re-read my comment as it was clearly stated as "my opinion" ;).

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I wasn't aware that the terms of EM's contract/agreement with IAV has been released .... unless they have, I don't know how one can make a statement as to the terms of that agreement

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because EM is the "little fish" in the "big pond". EM has a "relationship/partnership" with all of their suppliers. As has been said (on several occasions), It is not smart to throw your "partners" under the bus.
I thought EM was the big fish having pulled together such a long list of partners which I thought would all be synchronized swimming in the same direction. EM is the 'customer partner' potentially writing purchase orders for millions of dollars worth of off the self parts from the manufacturing partners. I don't think IAV as an established reputable manufacturer would be hestitant to indicate they caused a minor delay. It seriously jeopodizes EM's credibility IAV's notsomuch. EM is driving the bus.

Top Bottom