• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Didnt They Make Automatic Standard?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One word...AAA. Or is that three words? :rolleyes:

My membership has paid for itself twice over just this year.
I used AAA for quite a while. But I later found the same vehicle towing was part of my standard auto policy. Now I'd just check with your insurance to find out whether you already have it or if it can be added for a smaller premium than AAA.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Used as example only Does NOT disprove the point that they will take from some other feature in order to fund this, and keep the $6800 promise. You know, the point...

-sterling
True. Good point. They'll keep the things they've been promoting and maybe cheap out on other stuff like carpet, headliner, etc. I got what you are saying. I had just read the stock paper and saw they identified the tires and got a little excited.

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One thing that does concern me is the lack of a spare tire. Are we going to be able to call Pep Boys and say "bring me a tire"? Or is this going to be an expensive tow every time one goes flat? I've had two go flat in the last two months, so maybe I'm just sensitive about this issue.
I plan on using this product. stays in the tire from the start AND keeps you wheel assemblies perfectly balanced.

http://www.ride-on.com/

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly how it works, but they claim it will plug a 1/4'' hole in tubeless tires. 1/8'' in tube type tires. That's a pretty good size puncture!
I used stuff like that back in the 80's on the older Harleys; even though they had tubes, we'd always pour in this little bottle of blue stuff that would do the same thing; stayed liquid while it was under pressure, but as soon as you got a puncture, it would start squirting out (all over the inside of the fender) and it would harden in seconds, plugging the hole.

Top Bottom