• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Didnt They Make Automatic Standard?

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We already know the tire sizes AND which ones they'll be using:

November 3, 2015 Announced tire selection: Continental Tire s ProContact GX

Used as example only Does NOT disprove the point that they will take from some other feature in order to fund this, and keep the $6800 promise. You know, the point...

-sterling

Lisa

Elio Fan
Reaction score
One thing that does concern me is the lack of a spare tire. Are we going to be able to call Pep Boys and say "bring me a tire"? Or is this going to be an expensive tow every time one goes flat? I've had two go flat in the last two months, so maybe I'm just sensitive about this issue.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One thing that does concern me is the lack of a spare tire. Are we going to be able to call Pep Boys and say "bring me a tire"? Or is this going to be an expensive tow every time one goes flat? I've had two go flat in the last two months, so maybe I'm just sensitive about this issue.

One word...AAA. Or is that three words? :rolleyes:

My membership has paid for itself twice over just this year.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have had more cars in the last 10 years that did not have spares than those that did. The Miata that I commute in now does not have a spare, just a repair kit with a compressor and fix-a-flat. Same with my Hyundai Veloster, MINI Cooper S, and VW R32.

Seems to be pretty normal for small cars these days. Fortunately I have only picked up screws and such that caused slow leaks so I was able to drive to Discount Tire nearby for a repair.

Last edited:

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One word...AAA. Or is that three words? :rolleyes:

My membership has paid for itself twice over just this year.

+1 AAA
App is on my phone. Pre fill it out to save time and having to dig for your member number. As I understand it even sends out your GPS location when you have an issue.

I was really concerned about lack of spare. I'm the type to swap out the donut for a full size. Then I realized that Elio has both two car, and one motorcycle tire.

-sterling

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
+1 AAA
App is on my phone. Pre fill it out to save time and having to dig for your member number. As I understand it even sends out your GPS location when you have an issue.

I was really concerned about lack of spare. I'm the type to swap out the donut for a full size. Then I realized that Elio has both two car, and one motorcycle tire.

-sterling

"Pretty sure" the rear's a car tire also, just a different size from the fronts. Square sidewalls wouldn't work too good on a motorcycle.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

It surprised me too Lisa when Elio said there would be no spare and how since 2012, new cars have started to have no spare and just a patch-refill kit. This is to save weight and cost. Also shows that tires have become higher quality along with the higher cost.

So yeah, the procedure for experiencing a flat tire will definitely change from what we're used to. Use AAA or use the repair kit.

Top Bottom