• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Would You Like To See Added Or Changed To The Site?

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Definitely let me know, I'm always down for making changes or adding new features. We're definitely gonna need some sort of garage section when the Elio actually comes out.
Copied from Ty's post "Site Idea!":
There should be a repository for Elio pictures! A forum where comments aren't allowed so we could just cruise through and see member's pictures... Shoot, two forums where one is actual photos taken of the Elio in the wild (date photo taken a must) and the other forum for renders or just fun idea pictures. Yes, I see the one listed for pictures but it is a pain to wade through all the posts for the few pictures in their... too many comments.
Ty, Yesterday at 10:52 PM

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Talk to me Okuma Steve!

I voiced a suggestion earlier on the 'Forum Rules' link to have a private mail link established in order for the moderator to address those who are (on occasion) rude to fellow members, but got no reply.
Everybody is getting a little impatient with the talk of production delays but we need to be careful in how words are chosen in conversations with one another. The private mail link is my suggestion if it can be implemented.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Talk to me Okuma Steve!

I voiced a suggestion earlier on the 'Forum Rules' link to have a private mail link established in order for the moderator to address those who are (on occasion) rude to fellow members, but got no reply.
Everybody is getting a little impatient with the talk of production delays but we need to be careful in how words are chosen in conversations with one another. The private mail link is my suggestion if it can be implemented.
ST13Fred,
I have handled a few of these issues over the last few months. But I did not notify those requesting some action that the issue was reviewed and handled. Is his what you are talking about ?

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, I don't want to single out anybody specifically, but hope they know who they are when reading this will tone their remarks down a little. We're all friends here (somewhat) with the same goal.
You did not address the private mail option so I assume not able to implement.

I'm also a member of the F800 forum and the language there at times has gotten down right ugly with no moderator control at all. Words in print are easily offensive w/o the writer realizing it.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
When you use the 'Report' button the entire moderator team is notified. Reports are read by all the mods and we respond as necessary. Our responses frequently happen quietly behind the scenes as we send private messages directly to members and/or moderate individual posts. You may have also noticed sometimes there is also a general warning posted within a thread.

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[quote="goofyone] Our responses frequently happen quietly behind the scenes as we send private messages directly to members and/or moderate individual posts. [/quote]

Thanks. That's what I wanted to hear. The moderators are able to send private messages, but it appears members cannot. It would be nice if we could, though.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. That's what I wanted to hear. The moderators are able to send private messages, but it appears members cannot. It would be nice if we could, though.

All members should have access to private messages, they are labeled as 'Conversations'. If you select a members avatar you have the option of starting a conversation with them. Also if you select your Inbox at the top right of the screen you can start a conversation from there.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you use the 'Report' button the entire moderator team is notified. Reports are read by all the mods and we respond as necessary. Our responses frequently happen quietly behind the scenes as we send private messages directly to members and/or moderate individual posts. You may have also noticed sometimes there is also a general warning posted within a thread.
I am glad to understand how this works. I have observed this in action and have been very impressed with the system and our moderators. Thanks guys. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Conversations are private and only accessible to the members involved in the conversation.

The exception to the privacy would be if a member in the conversation chooses to select the 'Report' button at which point the conversation would be opened to the Moderators. This is to ensure there is no abuse taking place over the private conversation system.

Top Bottom