• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Would You Like To See Added Or Changed To The Site?

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok Here is a partial example

ELIO

Current Body design:date of photo
(insert pics here)
MPG city/highway
Engine
Insert pic if available(with date taken/discovered/released)
general description
Maker
Displacement
HP
NOTE THE NEXT OLDER ENGINE WOULD BE ENTERED BENEATH THE CURRENT ENGINE IF THE ENGINE IS CHANGED BUT NOT THE OFFICIAL PROTOTYPE NUMBER INCREASED.(And also done with other modifications/changes)

Transmission
Insert pic of standard Transmission
General description
Maker
Displacement
HP
Insert pic of Optional Transmission
General Description
etc. etc.

Dash/Display
Insert pic of expected standard Dash package
etc etc

Seats
etc

Previous design: DATE of Photo/release
(insert Pics here)

Previous Design:Date
(insert pic here)

YES THE THREAD WOULD BE A LONG ONE WITH MANY DETAILS AND CHANGES BUT IT WOULD BE A CLIFF NOTES FOR THE READER/ENTHUSIAST. I am pretty sure that someone has been bitten pretty hard by the Elio bug that would find this a pleasurable endeavour, especially since as other elio buyers get wind of a new release they will check to see if it has been added to the board, and if not email the keeper of the thread to let him know. and Perhaps if well done the people at Elio will actually recognise that the Keeper is a valuable outlet for disseminating information and he would become a primary outlet used by them, except he wouldn't tell us to pick a frickin color and get excited.
Like Sgt Joe Friday said, "Just the Facts Ma'am."

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok Here is a partial example

ELIO

Current Body design:date of photo
(insert pics here)
MPG city/highway
Engine
Insert pic if available(with date taken/discovered/released)
general description
Maker
Displacement
HP
NOTE THE NEXT OLDER ENGINE WOULD BE ENTERED BENEATH THE CURRENT ENGINE IF THE ENGINE IS CHANGED BUT NOT THE OFFICIAL PROTOTYPE NUMBER INCREASED.(And also done with other modifications/changes)

Transmission
Insert pic of standard Transmission
General description
Maker
Displacement
HP
Insert pic of Optional Transmission
General Description
etc. etc.

Dash/Display
Insert pic of expected standard Dash package
etc etc

Seats
etc

Previous design: DATE of Photo/release
(insert Pics here)

Previous Design:Date
(insert pic here)

YES THE THREAD WOULD BE A LONG ONE WITH MANY DETAILS AND CHANGES BUT IT WOULD BE A CLIFF NOTES FOR THE READER/ENTHUSIAST. I am pretty sure that someone has been bitten pretty hard by the Elio bug that would find this a pleasurable endeavour, especially since as other elio buyers get wind of a new release they will check to see if it has been added to the board, and if not email the keeper of the thread to let him know. and Perhaps if well done the people at Elio will actually recognise that the Keeper is a valuable outlet for disseminating information and he would become a primary outlet used by them, except he wouldn't tell us to pick a frickin color and get excited.
Like Sgt Joe Friday said, "Just the Facts Ma'am."

If you make the thread I'll sticky it for you :D If you do just be sure to post about 3 replies before anyone else does so you can reserve that space for updates. in the future. Just post "Spot 1 Reserved," "Spot 2 Reserved," etc.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okuma Steve it'd be best if you let someone that knows more about engines and such. I have not checked my oil or tire pressure in over 15 years. And I hate machines in general.
There has to be a techie that would want to be that guy... I'll do I if no one else wants to just so we can keep the misinformation down to a minimum. But. It won't be near as good as others could do.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Come on "motor heads" and techies....you guys know all the poop and have it figured out and memorized in your heads....just get a few of you guys together and hash it out....
What was the "EE when it was a P1
And then P2

And three then four then five...and so on...

That way we can keep up with what did change and what didn't and what is going to be standard and what isn't...

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Come on "motor heads" and techies....you guys know all the poop and have it figured out and memorized in your heads....just get a few of you guys together and hash it out....
What was the "EE when it was a P1
And then P2

And three then four then five...and so on...

That way we can keep up with what did change and what didn't and what is going to be standard and what isn't...
I agree, enjoy and respect a lot of your commentary on the forum, but this seems to be something that you are very passionate about. I have not heard anyone else voice as strong of an opinion on this other than you. Maybe you should take your passion and create the thread. I enjoy reading an commenting on the forum and I am probably one of the guys that knows a great deal of the info you want, but I just don't have the time to create such a intricate log of data. I have a job, lawns to mow, kids to take care of......life. Most of the current and up to date info you seek is available on Elio's website and Facebook page. Most of the info that you read on the forum is simply personal opinions and speculation about something that is not set in stone. I frequent the forum for good conversation, I frequent www.eliomotors.com, www.facebook.com/eliomotors for facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How bout I subcontract it?
Who will do p1?

Wait don't answer. I will start a thread titled p1. Once "we" get that one done we can condense it and then start a p2 thread.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How bout I subcontract it?
Who will do p1?

Wait don't answer. I will start a thread titled p1. Once "we" get that one done we can condense it and then start a p2 thread.

I have time to start a thread. I just don't have time to fill it with all that info. Lafrisbee, you've got upper management written all over you. Your delegation skills are superb, but one question remains. All good leaders must have followers. When you turn around, is there anyone there? All in good fun, I hope you take that as it is intended.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope, no one behind me, cept my dog.

I started four threads. They should be easy to identify. All I am trying to do is establish a part of the board where we can separate the past from the present, and perhaps the future. Some on here already have a firm grasp of that. I am asking for their help. When I come in here I read a lot and believe a little. I have learned that the net is full of fiction, created from laziness, and worse. I figure that the number one priority would be to get the truth out there.
One day someone comes on here and tells us something as if it were the latest news and it contradicts what really is the most recent info. It is all getting very confusing with people reading old press clippings or citing unnamed sources and being taken as news.
I would think Elio motors would want the truth to be easily checked and they would have a much better chronology of the morphing of the EE. But instead they are quite entertained playing pull my finger, and guess a color we are not going to use. Instead of just plain and simply saying here is where we are at..... Not in silly question and answer smattering a but as of you were reading the price tag in the window....THAT should be the Bare minimum.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about a page just for pictures of Elios. If there was a quick way to get to them it would be great, and have a way for everyone that has taken pictures to post them.
I agree. There is already a section in the forum for photos and videos, but an actual gallery would be a lot better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom