• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vote For The Elgin Dash

Vote for Elgin Dash

• Love it

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • Hate it

Votes: 59 50.4%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I'm always too wishy-washy to choose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have an opinion 'cause I don't care

Votes: 13 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you know that the NAVDY will work with the crippled Elio OBDII?
I believe this works as a GPS does and does not electronically interface with the vehicles systems. I could live without a tach, if I go with an auto trans option (haven't yet decided on that). NAVDY is an interesting little gizmo, however this "will be available [insert date here]" crap is getting a little old.;)

ctfink

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I will stick with the 'vanilla' Elio for starters.
Put down a hundred bucks(same as dinner just the other night).
The other $900 is still in the market earning interest.
Will get mine with just a couple of options;
-cruise control
-trailer hitch(something to hook onto in the rear in the nasty event of a required tow)
Maybe the cool fender additions.(You can keep the fancy dash, keep it analog,
I learned my lesson with my Jimmy's digital dash.)
So I don't have to count on it but will watch for it. Will enjoy the MPG on my ride to work
on a daily 20-mile round trip(Do the math :)
Have a nice day, -ctfink

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
snipped: Have a nice day, -ctfink

No offence meant, just love the name.............. :D

The Barefoot Fink

Pox upon thee little fellow
barefoot fink with stripe of yellow.

The gang you squealed on
has the urge
to sing and strum your funeral dirge

In the drink you should have went
neatly cased in wet cement.

Delinquency can be a blight
when clods like you don't do it right.

When I look back I hate to think
that I was once a barefoot fink.
Anon

ternion

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still can't get over EM's decision to go with this dash. When the Elgin cluster was built/designed there really must have been zero consulting with experts in gauge design or focus groups. As much as I hate it though, I can see myself tolerating it with a few simple changes that could lead to vastly improved readability/function:
  • Much wider viewing window (at least 2x its current width), and another 50% taller.
  • The "Needle" must cross the whole height of the window in a different color than the numbers kind of like this, and the needle must light up when the dash is lit.
  • The spinning wheel of numbers must have thin lines every 10 mph / 1K RPM that also span the whole height of the window, and half height lines every 5 mph / 500 RPM. It is very important to always see these vertical lines on each side of the "needle", so this necessitates a viewable span of at least 20 mph or 2K RPM.
  • The fuel indicator needs to be at least 16 stages, but a needle indicator here would be preferable (like all the other gauges).
  • Bring back a temp gauge (also keep the idiot light), and place somewhere among the vast amount of wasted gray space (maybe opposite the fuel gauge).
If they do all that, I'd probably keep it (though I'd still prefer what they have in the P4). I am not holding my breath though, there really isn't any evidence that they actually listen to potential customers about this issue.

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still can't get over EM's decision to go with this dash. When the Elgin cluster was built/designed there really must have been zero consulting with experts in gauge design or focus groups. As much as I hate it though, I can see myself tolerating it with a few simple changes that could lead to vastly improved readability/function:
  • Much wider viewing window (at least 2x its current width), and another 50% taller.
  • The "Needle" must cross the whole height of the window in a different color than the numbers kind of like this, and the needle must light up when the dash is lit.
  • The spinning wheel of numbers must have thin lines every 10 mph / 1K RPM that also span the whole height of the window, and half height lines every 5 mph / 500 RPM. It is very important to always see these vertical lines on each side of the "needle", so this necessitates a viewable span of at least 20 mph or 2K RPM.
  • The fuel indicator needs to be at least 16 stages, but a needle indicator here would be preferable (like all the other gauges).
  • Bring back a temp gauge (also keep the idiot light), and place somewhere among the vast amount of wasted gray space (maybe opposite the fuel gauge).
If they do all that, I'd probably keep it (though I'd still prefer what they have in the P4). I am not holding my breath though, there really isn't any evidence that they actually listen to potential customers about this issue.
Boy, one thing's for sure - You never would have bought the car that was built in the 1930s with this speedometer.
Elgin 1.jpg

Top Bottom