• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those are all valid options, but the last one could be a bit problematic if you value your hearing.

That does raise an interesting question, though: I wonder what kind of mileage a fully armored Elio would get?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Those are all valid options, but the last one could be a bit problematic if you value your hearing.

That does raise an interesting question, though: I wonder what kind of mileage a fully armored Elio would get?
HAHAHAH "if you have to ask.........." something about affording something .......

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Drill small holes in the area where the noise migrates in and pump in expanding foam insulation.
Windows are the biggest area for noise; if you have an advanced glass shop in your area, have then make you double or triple thick glass.
Or go to a place that makes armor cars and get bullet proof windows (thick super clear polycarbonate) :becky:

Or do like most other people; turn up a stereo REALLY loud :rockon:
LOL... just don't do that in the door or right side or you'll never get it to unlock or the windows to move again.

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping for sound deadening option to be added to the MSRP. Might have to be factory installed dependent on how the interior panels are affixed. I'm not sure I want the guys at Pep Boys messing with this.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A factory option for a sound deadening package might be feasible once they get the marshalling centers up and running. I imagine they'll ship a bare chassis from the factory since there are seat and interior trim options. That would be a perfect time to install the mats and extra padding.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A factory option for a sound deadening package might be feasible once they get the marshalling centers up and running. I imagine they'll ship a bare chassis from the factory since there are seat and interior trim options. That would be a perfect time to install the mats and extra padding.
Optional items may be installed at the plant. Example: If 9 people want cloth seats and 1 wants leather. Cloth seats will be installed at the plant and one leather seat will swapped at the marshaling center. If 9 people want leather seats and 1 wants cloth, then leather seats will be installed at the plant and one cloth seat will be swapped at the marshaling center.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping for sound deadening option to be added to the MSRP. Might have to be factory installed dependent on how the interior panels are affixed. I'm not sure I want the guys at Pep Boys messing with this.

Sounds more like something that would be installed at the marshaling center. Definitely not Pep Boys.
Keep in mind, only 14 factory versions. 7 colors, 2 transmissions. The rest is done at marshaling centers.

Top Bottom