• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My P5 photos, from the LA Auto Show, have been uploaded to a Facebook photo album for now:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153784576217269&type=1&l=50245f2659

(This is a public album that does not require a Facebook account for viewing}
G1, Thank you for all the time you spent taking and posting such an encompassing array of great quality pics! These have answered several of my questions. After viewing them in their entirety (again - THANK YOU!), I have to say this P5 Elio is the most comprehensive engineered prototype I have been shown. I am happy to be on this journey with you and my fellow Elio enthusiasts here @ this forum.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can't tell whether this is just perspective or whether the radiator may be a problem for some of us who live on high crowned (heavily rutted) dirt roads.
[Broken External Image]
I would think driving this Three Wheeler down that kind of road would be "Dicey" at best. I see your point though, it might be wise for them to have some sort of guard bracing out in front of the radiator in the production model. Should probably have a splash shield like most cars.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't tell whether this is just perspective or whether the radiator may be a problem for some of us who live on high crowned (heavily rutted) dirt roads.
[Broken External Image]

The radiator is low in the vehicle however it is tucked up inside the front body work. The photo perspective is definitely making this look like more of an issue than it is.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, all and all, there were a few things that I didn't like, a few things I would have done differently, a few things that were just plain bad / unsafe, but overall a real nice car. (I don't care what Washington, DC calls it.)
1. Just plain bad? The rear brake line on the bottom of the swing arm is just looking to get ruptured by a thrown stone.
2. Looked like gas line was running beneath low point on frame.
3. No right side arm rest.
4. No cup holder for the driver. (Like I said, how did Paul let that slip by)
5. No locking compartment for things like legal papers and side arms.
6. Drivers seat belt still on wrong (left) side

Top Bottom