• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back to the mighty .9l powerplant, I could have sworn I saw a post/article here, that this engine is designed for 200,000 miles. Vehicles I have had in the past may have been capable of that, but the vehicle itself falls apart long before that. This is a $7500 vehicle to start with, brand new. It will be awesome to see the Elio get up there, but part of me says, for this price point, don't expect it in the real world. Hope I'm wrong!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Back to the mighty .9l powerplant, I could have sworn I saw a post/article here, that this engine is designed for 200,000 miles. Vehicles I have had in the past may have been capable of that, but the vehicle itself falls apart long before that. This is a $7500 vehicle to start with, brand new. It will be awesome to see the Elio get up there, but part of me says, for this price point, don't expect it in the real world. Hope I'm wrong!

there was such a discussion .... it was also mentioned during the introduction of Flame Spraying the cylinder walls .... it has been reported that in much higher stress use (Boss Mustangs) it is providing that type of mileage

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are a lot of Geo Metros that have logged 150,000+ before they limped off into the sunset.

Most of the time it was the body and/or frame that did them in.
Or it was everything but the engine wearing out at the same time.
Most reached a point where it was not worth throwing money at them.
Most of those engines were still running when they went to the scrap yard.

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are a lot of Geo Metros that have logged 150,000+ before they limped off into the sunset.

Most of the time it was the body and/or frame that did them in.
Or it was everything but the engine wearing out at the same time.
Most reached a point where it was not worth throwing money at them.
Most of those engines were still running when they went to the scrap yard.

My sister-in-law just sold her Metro and upgraded to something new. The Metro had over 200k, but started having transmission issues and had consistant alignment problems because of an accident a few years back.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe we can cross this particular turbo model off the list of possible solutions.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 309
Top Bottom