• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Stainless would be nice, as well as the aluminum intake. It is very possible however, that we may get lesser grade exhaust, as well as a plastic based intake system.
Not that either would hurt performance. My POS Neon has a plastic intake system. Took it off the smooth the air flow, only to find that baby was already butter smooth!

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like it will have 1 very long belt to turn all accessories to the engine, except oil pump. Can't figure out where the PS pully is though. Maybe electric aka Honda Insight? Not much info (to see) on the igniton system. Looks like a crankshaft sensor on the lower front part of the engine?
Maybe camshaft sensor on the end of the cam. And coil on plugs for ignition?
60 hp is about right for the ELio to get about 80 mpg in the real world. Main;y based on HP frontal area. cd, and weight. Maybe that is why they have changed a lot of mpg claims in advertising to say "up to 84 mpg".
To me it also indicates the engine may be suspended to the frame from the forward part of the engine. It looks like a mounting area on the front (forward) part of the engine. No brackets shown on the crankshaft pully side of the engine.

Any other guesses?

Willie

Anderson Howard

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like it will have 1 very long belt to turn all accessories to the engine, except oil pump. Can't figure out where the PS pully is though. Maybe electric aka Honda Insight? Not much info (to see) on the igniton system. Looks like a crankshaft sensor on the lower front part of the engine?
Maybe camshaft sensor on the end of the cam. And coil on plugs for ignition?
60 hp is about right for the ELio to get about 80 mpg in the real world. Main;y based on HP frontal area. cd, and weight. Maybe that is why they have changed a lot of mpg claims in advertising to say "up to 84 mpg".
To me it also indicates the engine may be suspended to the frame from the forward part of the engine. It looks like a mounting area on the front (forward) part of the engine. No brackets shown on the crankshaft pully side of the engine.

Any other guesses?

Willie
Elio will not have Power Steering.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio will not have Power Steering.

To clarify this a bit. The Elio will be manual steering, which should be just fine for a 1200 lb vehicle, however it has been designed to accommodate electric power assist as an option for those who would like to have it.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got EPS on my Insight and I love it. So much that I installed the same system on my Dunebuggy. In the sand dunes of Glamis, it is a blessing. No more tank slappers and bent tierods when hitting the "Witches Eyes". (No load on the engine either)

Willie

Interesting conversion

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To clarify this a bit. The Elio will be manual steering, which should be just fine for a 1200 lb vehicle, however it has been designed to accommodate electric power assist as an option for those who would like to have it.

I'd really love a website that has a detailed list of the options that will be available to order.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd really love a website that has a detailed list of the options that will be available to order.
right now one post will do it. There appears to be only 2 companies
the Computer, TV's, rangefinder, thing for big bucks,
and the plastic louvers, body pieces company
with the statements more to come.
There are many threads giving info about the electronics, and probable prices, but no prices for the body panels

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a picture of a poster board? Time to show the real deal running.
SS exhaust with ceramic coating would be nice but not necessary and would had cost.
Works well on Motorcycle.

Top Bottom