• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My earliest memories of computing involved a Windows 95 computer, a 24.6 kbs dial-up internet connection, and having to delete some old games to make room for a whopping 500kb shareware game :p
Kids today, I had 48k to play with. Had to use vertical blank interrupts to fake 4 extra voices. And don't get me started on bank switching.
And walked up hill both ways in the snow.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
8086/8088 represent!
Dam you Bowers, I was doing my best to blank those curses from "bright minds at Intel" ; we had a 8088, 2 - 8086's, a 286 at the custom car shop and they ran accounting and a really simple database written in some kind of dead language that did our billing, invoices, inventory and 10 other things that never worked. The 2 - 8086's were in the front office/client area; the other out at the service desk; and for some reason I was the one that got tagged for setting up "network" printing; both pint printers; and after 4 months and a few 100 tries, I finally got it to work on a regular basis.
The boss had to have the "Best" so he had an Apple II with dual external floppies and a pint printer.
Used to spend all day working with a spread sheet figuring out how to "launder" money so he could show employees at Christmas time how much money the shop was losing, so there were no Christmas Bonuses; (right after he bought a Class A Diesel Pusher Motorhome & the GM took off for 3 weeks in Bora Bora)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first computer was a DECmate 78. 12 bit OS, I've forgotten how much RAM, but it came with two 8" floppy drives totaling 1.2 megabytes of storage. It cost $8,500 plus a daisy wheel printer, and a month later they dropped the price $2,000, no refund to Eric. This was in 1980.

Then, before the PC got so big, I got a job writing tech manuals for the TRS 80, and ginning up animated pitches to run on the PC for Peachtree software -- somebody else did the programming, thank god. This was when list management, basic book keeping, and word processing were different (expensive) software programs. The list management one featured St. Peter keeping score of Sins and Good Deeds, plus bonus points -- thanks to his list manager it was a cinch to tell incoming souls where they were headed.

I lost a lot of time playing Crystal Cavern on the DECmate. It was a text-based adventure game, and it was terrific!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did someone forget the foxtail on the antenna and fuzzy dice on the mirror?

Hola Elio!

I would like to see the following included as options:

(1) "Indian" style front fenders

(2) "Baby Moon" hubcaps

Reference pic below:

Mikey #2951

Retro.jpg

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hola Elio!

I would like to see the following included as options:

(1) "Indian" style front fenders

(2) "Baby Moon" hubcaps

Reference pic below:

Mikey #2951

View attachment 9331
I do like the body color / chrome stern cover. That's an option I'd be interested in. I know at one point EM was considering making the rear wheel cover available in body color as an option ... maybe they still will ... but I haven't heard anything about it in a year or so. And 2-tone was never mentioned.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone want to talk about the stereo options pictured in post 744 of this thread? I find it interesting and I was hoping people would want to talk about them.

I also found their price of the subwoofer at $599 very expensive. What should be the price of a subwoofer?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The price of the woofer is not out of line considering that it includes the amplifier, custom formed enclosure and installation. It's essentially the same as the retail price of similar units that MTX produces for other vehicles.

Top Bottom