• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seriously, has anybody ever bought a new vehicle and the first thing spend an additional $800 to swap out the dash/guages for whatever the reason? The $600-$800 is no doubt the cost of the dash not including time/labor to swap it.

I find it difficult to believe the demand to swap the dash would justify an after market option.

The Skyz is a logical and functional option, but at $2K and a monthly fee on a $6800 Elio? I know that's why it's optional.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously, has anybody ever bought a new vehicle and the first thing spend an additional $800 to swap out the dash/guages for whatever the reason? The $600-$800 is no doubt the cost of the dash not including time/labor to swap it.
I find it difficult to believe the demand to swap the dash would justify an after market option.
The Skyz is a logical and functional option, but at $2K and a monthly fee on a $6800 Elio? I know that's why it's optional.
The cost of the Skyz system has never been stated anywhere; people have guessed at that amount, but that's not saying it's correct.

If you just want a backup camera and little monitor you can do it for around $50.
This is the system I put in my Dodge Nitro:
Monitor was $26.00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J2PEI66?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01
Camera $18.00 (the newer model is $45.00)
http://www.amazon.com/Definition-Viewing-Universal-Waterproof-Infrared/dp/B005Q65ZIK/ref=pd_sim_422_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41DtXFZQCyL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1AY6426EHEYH463VEZSA
And I used a wireless so I didn't have to wire it from the tailgate all the way up to the dash $11.00 that won't be the same for the Elio, wiring it will be a lot easier.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008Z9E4DW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I recall Paul mentioning the Skyz anticipated price when it was featured/photographed in the Elio at SEMA (?) or CES (?) year or so ago, but no doubt an estimate. I think most owners will find the P5 Dash/Interior surprisingly coooooool with side mirrors providing adequate visibility when backing. However, I do appreciate all the options that will be available to owners for their personal needs, wants, and desires for their custom Elio.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cruse control, a good sound system and a comfortable leather seat. I am good to go.
I heard the cost of the Skyz system depends on what all you get with it.
MK
Cruise control, check
Good sounds, check
Comfy seat, check

Add to that fine list, a/c and heat, and I'm going for a ride!

Spring and Fall, roll both windows down to make it easier to wave to everybody wishing they were enjoying tooling around in such a unique vehicle.

Oh yeah, I'm feeling it!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cruise control, check
Good sounds, check
Comfy seat, check

Add to that fine list, a/c and heat, and I'm going for a ride!

Spring and Fall, roll both windows down to make it easier to wave to everybody wishing they were enjoying tooling around in such a unique vehicle.

Oh yeah, I'm feeling it!
Showing your age "rolling down the window", What's really funny, is when you want to talk to someone in a car the hand sign is the circular pattern of rolling down the window.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there a link to that story somewhere? I tried searching but only got bits and pieces. I know it has something to do with PE's dad and a funky looking watch, but the rest seems to be buried under a massive pile of posts wailing on how about ugly it is.
My favorite is someone calling the elgin dash an "abomination".

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So many people hate the elgin dash, when they find out it is to commemorate Paul Elio's father, people will have resentment toward Paul Elio's father.

This dash is going to achieve the exact OPPOSITE of what Paul Elio is trying to achieve.

He can't see that.

Top Bottom