• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How do you know?

Current: http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/trans...uirky-80-mpg-6800-elio-should-debut-next-year
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaw1He8PdqJEDU7QRLDkgK7CKE2a8EHPfhyAVb64guTZknA6v_.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-5_18-31-28.jpeg
    upload_2014-11-5_18-31-28.jpeg
    5.6 KB · Views: 180

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How do you know?

As near as I can tell the ATVM loan would be an unsecured loan, e.g. DOE would obtain neither an equity stake (called a debt-equity swap) nor collateral. In this sense Grampi is absoultey correct - no bank would give EM a loan on similar terms, which is what makes the ATVM loan so crazy attractive. 4% on 20 years for nothing? That's effectively printing money.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the vast majority of lending institutions make loans based on the person/company having sufficient assets/collateral to ensure that they won't lose money if the person/company can't repay the loan .... government agencies don't necessarily operate under that restriction .... investors are about the only non-government group that kicks in money to back a concept

Jim

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a question, seems like an interesting path to explore... why would EM refuse any more private investment money while the ATVM loan process is underway? Why would more investment money be a bad thing at this time? I get that you've said that EM has a plan if the loan doesn't happen. In my feeble mind, seems like that plan would be easier to implement if more private investment money came in while waiting for the loan. :)
Paul is taking a quiz:

1. Choose one of the following.
A. Get an ATVM loan and maintain control of your company. Pay it back when you can.
B. Take investor's money. Pay them a portion of profit... forever.
C. Give up. Take your ball and play somewhere else.

I'd choose A and only if I had too, B.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think funding is the problem.............getting the new engine built and tested is no doubt the time consumer.
Elio isn't doing anything with the engine. I think many people think Elio is spending their time building and designing an engine. They aren't.

From Elio's supplier info page:
IAV is the engine designer for Elio Motors. They will design and develop the entire powertrain for the vehicle (engine, transmission, powertrain control system? Including performance, emissions, validation and endurance testing.

Top Bottom