• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
At this point I have no information either way on delays. I am merely being pragmatic about the situation as I have been involved with quite a number of projects and understand that delays do happen especially with projects as complex as this one.

Even if there is a delay in our future I doubt it would be announced anytime soon as we are fairly far out time wise from anything really happening either way. I would say if there is a delay we will hear about it late spring/early summer as this is both closer to the time when delays would be known to be certain and also allow EM to attempt to shield themselves somewhat from the negative effects of delay by also having plenty of positive news to report about the vehicle development program.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point I have no information either way on delays. I am merely being pragmatic about the situation as I have been involved with quite a number of projects and understand that delays do happen especially with projects as complex as this one.

Even if there is a delay in our future I doubt it would be announced anytime soon as we are fairly far out time wise from anything really happening either way. I would say if there is a delay we will hear about it late spring/early summer as this is both closer to the time when delays would be known to be certain and also allow EM to attempt to shield themselves somewhat from the negative effects of delay by also having plenty of positive news to report about the vehicle development program.

I think they (Elio) will do all they can to avoid any lengthy delay in meeting
their projected production schedule........the reservation bus can handle a
flat tire...............not a thrown rod...............

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0cmIgj_XjlsZazueh1mIGswYmWMp9yJYMxPplQRhByTj2pk42.jpg

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
with goofy having the inside track on what's happening, I'm now resigned for another delay (do we have a choice)?
If this does happen the project will shine less brightly, for investors, buyers, and reduced possibility of loans. Add in the negative press, which will reinforce the nay-sayers. EM has some really tough decisions ahead......
Unless you have unlimited funds, delays in development projects are normal. Not a good thing, but to be expected. Just ask Mr. Branson, or Boeing aircraft, or, well, anybody. I think the delays this summer made the 9/15 start date kind of sketchy, but they MIGHT make it ... but as G1 says, there are a lot of moving parts, all of which have to mesh just right.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A lot of you are asking why EM is not interested in accepting additional private investor funding during the loan process.
The government has all the current EM facts and figures.
I'm sure that both EM and the government want to keep them exactly as they are for the duration of the process.
If EM got more money, it would change those facts and figures and turn the whole loan process on it's ear.
EM would have a ton of paperwork to do to amend the information for every step of the process.
Each government office involved would have to go back and redo their work and pass it to the next one (in proper sequence), and so on.
That would be the case every time a dollar amount that was not part of the existing documented plan was added to EM's account.
At the very best, it could cause an already long process to take 2X, 3X or forever.
Worst case would be that it would entirely negate this attempt and EM would have to do the whole thing over again.

Last edited:

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd be interested in knowing the exact wording of the comments Paul made about not accepting new money. If he said that Elio Motors is not taking new "investment" that's one thing. If he said they are not taking new "investors" that is another thing entirely. Both are good but in different ways; the former because it means that whoever invested gave EM enough to get them well into production and the later because it means that the existing capital providers are blocking out new ones and that if necessary they would kick in funds so as not to threaten their existing stakes. Either way they either have all the bucks they need or full commitment to the bucks they need.

Just to be honest - I'm too damn lazy to look this up and just know someone way better informed than me will have the quotes or links to them handy.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
A lot of you are asking why EM is not interested in accepting additional private investor funding during the loan process.
The government has all the current EM facts and figures.
I'm sure that both EM and the government want to keep them exactly as they are for the duration of the process.
If EM got more money, it would change those facts and figures and turn the whole loan process on it's ear.
EM would have a ton of paperwork to do to amend the information for every step of the process.
Each government office involved would have to go back and redo their work and pass it to the next one (in proper sequence), and so on.
That would be the case every time a dollar amount that was not part of the existing documented plan was added to EM's account.
At the very best, it could cause an already long process to take 2X, 3X or forever.
Worst case would be that it would entirely negate this attempt and EM would have to do the whole thing over again.
I'd be interested in knowing the exact wording of the comments Paul made about not accepting new money. If he said that Elio Motors is not taking new "investment" that's one thing. If he said they are not taking new "investors" that is another thing entirely. Both are good but in different ways; the former because it means that whoever invested gave EM enough to get them well into production and the later because it means that the existing capital providers are blocking out new ones and that if necessary they would kick in funds so as not to threaten their existing stakes. Either way they either have all the bucks they need or full commitment to the bucks they need.

Just to be honest - I'm too damn lazy to look this up and just know someone way better informed than me will have the quotes or links to them handy.

Muchas gracias to everyone that's giving info, it's hard for me at times to wrap my brain around all of this.

The consensus on this forum seems to be that funding is not an issue for EM, that production will start eventually. The latest FB post from EM does actually mention 3Q / Sept of 2015. That said, delays are possible, and we need to promise ourselves to avoid the "sky is falling" thoughts if the delays occur. :-)

*despite local time being before noon, pops open a beer and takes a sip*

Top Bottom