• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree the pot of money for reservations is too low, but they enjoy using the 35k. What I was trying to say, in all the P.R. to those on the outside it might look like 35k, but unreality 1/2 the options allow for no commitment (refundable) and how many "risked" one hundred, and if circumstances (further delays) should change they could just walk away
True. Actually, 35,000 could just walk away. What I was trying to get out, though I'm not very verbose, is that 35,000 have shown interest even this far out which is kind of proof that there is a demand for the vehicle.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="goofyone, post: 61186, member: 531"Snipped: I can already see politicians lining up in front of the Shreveport plant during the 2016 election cycle to take credit for creating thousands of American manufacturing jobs which deliver 10's of thousands of affordable and environmentally friendly super fuel efficient vehicles to average Americans. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

upload_2014-10-31_13-32-12.jpeg

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Employee owned didn't work out so well for Eastern Airlines.

With two major plants closed in Caddo parish over two years ago, those factory workers who have remained may not be quite so particular about benefits and pay scale at the moment.

Former Hummer builders unite? Don't think so, bet they will be real happy to build Elio's.
I wouldn't be too surprised if Elio does offer some form of stock participation, though.......

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup. Folks who put up cash got founder stock. Their 20-some odd employees probably got what are called Incentive Stock Options, which are options to buy stock when it issues at a certain strike price. Paul seems like the type who would in general be pretty good to his employees so it seems reasonable to suppose that future employees would be treated well. Way too early to tell.

Jay3wheel (and others) are exactly right - until a company has registered with the SEC their financial instruments cannot be traded publicly. They can however change hands privately without restriction.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is not a publicly traded corporation, there is stock but there is not place to trade it.

That is why I said much to soon for that.
Stock options in a public company can be a great tool when used right. Sadly they often are not.
Big advantage to a privately held company, not as much information is required to be made public and a lot less reporting.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Smitty901,

I don't think private companies are required to report anything at all. Maybe to the IRS and Deleware, where most companies are actually incorporated, but otherwise they have zero obligation to the SEC or the public. Just for kicks, try to find out exactly who owns Mars Candy company, for example.

The companies that I've been involved with have all kept the details of their ownership (capitalization structure) secret except to the board. And even if you do know some details, unless you know them all often you know nearly nothing. Got a 100,000 shares of ISO's? Voting or non-voting? Diluteable or non-diluteable? Series A, B, or C? How many shares outstanding?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree the pot of money for reservations is too low, but they enjoy using the 35k. What I was trying to say, in all the P.R. to those on the outside it might look like 35k, but unreality 1/2 the options allow for no commitment (refundable) and how many "risked" one hundred, and if circumstances (further delays) should change they could just walk away
Actually, I recall someone from Elio saying that only about 3% of the reservations were refundable. The rest were all-in.

Top Bottom