• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Results Are In!!!! Vote Early, Vote Often!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ballot box IS being stuffed... one vote is now worth only about .01%... Seems Elio could have given each preservationists a single vote. I really hate white cars. It seems people pick that color because they are afraid of making a choice. When you ask someone what their favorite color is, have you ever gotten the response of "white"? Nope. But, people pick it as a car color to avoid a color they may get bored with or to avoid the heat. I get that. But, I've never asked anyone their favorite color and gotten the response "white". Have you?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree that white is only a base color for a real color. I cannot imagine a worse color to try to generate public interest than white. To me white is the absence of any color.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the majority of folks want the white car - so in photos they'll have a pic that they can more easily alter with decals, flames, whatnot. That is very shortsighted at this time in the process. We need a vehicle on tour and in pics that will turn heads. Blah white ain't gonna get it.

C'mon previous blue and black voters. Help out the reds;)

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm definitely in minority, voted blue first time, now voting red. Maybe some hacker is stuffing the ballot box, but it's probably legit, people somehow want to see white.

It is just a prototype anyways, and for our sake and Elio's, this better not be the only prototype rolling around on tour for the next 18 months. To hit Elio's own timeline, the next handful of prototypes should be in the works right after p5 is unveiled anyways.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. I vote for red because I think it'll look the best in the press and leave more of an impression. I understand that people want white in order to trick out their own vehicles but this shouldn't be about your favorite color, it should be about what you think would be best for Elio, the company. How many vehicle ads do you see on TV, for instance, that feature white vehicles? not many. Surely, Ford knows that people buy more white vehicles than red or blue and yet they feature those more often on TV. Are they stupid or do they know that what looks the best in media doesn't have to be the most popular color? (That is a rhetorical question. Ford employs professionals to develop their ad campaigns and have been very successful. There's no reason to think that suddenly white will play well in the media) Well, it does when you are talking about bathroom sinks and toilets but other than that, there aren't many products that use white as their sole color in the media.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Just to let everyone know how strange I am... I don't believe I've ever bought a car because I liked the color. On a car lot, the salesman is looking for advantages and that's one of them, so I never gave a favorite color, always bought the vehicle by it's miles, year, and options.

Still, it's fun to talk color and vote on the P5. I just checked the voting... Red surges into the lead! :cool:

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me throw this thought out there. Which color the P5 is doesn't matter to photo and video, that's what photoshop is for. The P5 needs to be RED, for the tour. When people see a hot little RED autocycle, they will want it, they won't know why they want, but they will want it. RED gets noticed! , arrestme RED , resell RED,

Top Bottom