• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't want you to feel bad but I paid $1.96 a gallon in Ft Stockton, Texas on Monday

Life in Canada is really expensive, period. But in this case the difference isn't quite so bad, because the Canadian dollar is about .75 US. So subtract 25% from your 1.05/liter. Now it's still tough, but a lot easier to bear, for Americans, at any rate.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Consider this Creative Idea: You make an all-in reservation in my name using my address and I'll drive and deliver your Elio to the Canadian Border when I receive delivery sometime after the break in period. :) Elio Humor
Thanks for the offer but I was able to get a friend's daughter to allow me to use her address.

All In for 1k as of Jul 9, 2016. Now just need to wait for my Reservation #

I think we now have 2 or 3 Canadians All Inn on this Forum.

Hope to be seeing more soon

Last edited:

Hightech

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I totally get your point here. I once calculated the value of 1mpg improvement to about $300 of vehicle purchase for my range of travel. But that was only true for the first half-dozen mpg over 25mpg. The value of one mpg actually was diminished in ratio to the total mpg reached. For example, the first 1 mpg above 50mpg was worth only $150 in vehicle pricing.

I was trying to figure out the customer value difference of the Elio to, say maybe, a new Prius, or even a used car. At the time gas was $4.25/gal.
But I've since decided it's best to just calculate/compare the monthly payout for each total package.

So currently those rough comparisons, not using Elio financing, are....

25mpg - used car, Standard sedan -
$12k - capital outlay (with tax & license)
$260 - vehicle payments 48month @10%
$252 - monthly fuel cost - $3/gal - 2100miles
$512 - total monthly payout

50mpg - Prius
$24K - capital outlay (with tax & license)
$480 - vehicle payments 48month @10%
$126 - monthly fuel cost - $3/gal - 2100miles
$606 - total monthly payout

50mpg - Prius (lease with balloon followup)
$24K - capital outlay (with tax & license)
$250 - typical low-end lease payment (best case possible)
$126 - monthly fuel cost - $3/gal - 2100miles
$376 - total monthly payout

84mpg - new Elio
$8K - capital outlay (with tax & license)
$170 - vehicle payments 48month @10% (worst case, actual purchase should beat this)
$75 - monthly fuel cost - $3/gal - 2100miles
$245 - total monthly payout

You need to subtract the equity value remaining over the course of the 4 years for it to be equivalent. Sure you may be spending $606/month on new Prius, but after 4 years you own a ~$16,000 near liquid asset.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Thanks for the offer but I was able to get a friend's daughter to allow me to use her address.

All In for 1k as of Jul 9, 2016. Now just need to wait for my Reservation #

I think we now have 2 or 3 Canadians All Inn on this Forum.

Hope to be seeing more soon

Well done Acamara! Congrats.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The overall score is 93% all-in, if I remember aright. It's an amazingly high percentage, that I am sure of.
According to an Elio announcement today the ratio of non-refundable vs refundable is $22 million to 1 $million. There are a bunch of us who are very confident that someday the Elio will go into production.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to an Elio announcement today the ratio of non-refundable vs refundable is $22 million to 1 $million. There are a bunch of us who are very confident that someday the Elio will go into production.
The high % of non-refundable is amazing! However, the folks with refundable reservations are assured of getting a first production run Elio sooner than the guy on the street with no risk. They are still financially supporting the dream and are as confident it will go into production as the non-refundable reservationist up until they decide to request a refund.

Top Bottom