• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
you are correct .... fat, arthritic fingers and a calculator are not a good combination ..
I was wondering how many of those reservationist walked away when the last delay was announced. When I sign onto this forum, I usually take a quick glance at how many folks are logged on. It seems to me, that attendance has dropped significantly since the last announcement. Too bad there is no way to know how many people gave up, or couldn't wait any longer for a new vehicle. I'm betting our reservation numbers will move up a couple months by time production starts.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering how many of those reservationist walked away when the last delay was announced. When I sign onto this forum, I usually take a quick glance at how many folks are logged on. It seems to me, that attendance has dropped significantly since the last announcement. Too bad there is no way to know how many people gave up, or couldn't wait any longer for a new vehicle. I'm betting our reservation numbers will move up a couple months by time production starts.

I bet the majority are just 'fair weather fans' and they will be back when the weather looks better.:)

When this vehicle actually moves into production the vast majority of reservation holders will buy them as they will be in demand as the very unique, and relatively inexpensive, new thing that nobody else can have for a while. They will act as though they believed wholeheartedly in the project the entire time and supported EM through all the ups and downs which a start up faces. We will see a bunch of people on here claiming they left to spend 'more time with the family' and that anything they may have said which could be construed negatively was all a misunderstanding caused by the lack of nuance in online communication. :rolleyes::D

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I bet the majority are just 'fair weather fans' and they will be back when the weather looks better.:)

When this vehicle actually moves into production the vast majority of reservation holders will buy them as they will be in demand as the very unique, and relatively inexpensive, new thing that nobody else can have for a while. They will act as though they believed wholeheartedly in the project the entire time and supported EM through all the ups and downs which a start up faces. We will see a bunch of people on here claiming they left to spend 'more time with the family' and that anything they may have said which could be construed negatively was all a misunderstanding caused by the lack of nuance in online communication. :rolleyes::D
WELL SAID.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score

True, but I have seen a number of post from people who legitimately couldn't hold out any longer and said they were going to purchase a different vehicle simply because their current vehicle would not last the year.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
True, but I have seen a number of post from people who legitimately couldn't hold out any longer and said they were going to purchase a different vehicle simply because their current vehicle would not last the year.

we've all seen the same post and I have no reason to believe they aren't true .... my hunch is when considered in the light of 40,000 reservations, those cases represent a very tiny number

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Many have gone into hibernation while others have found other things to do until early next year.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When discussions get into strong contention, it's a little too much for some to follow. They just hibernate and check back every so often. Can you blame them? Quite a bit of what we have in debate is second hand info, or enlightened ( hopefully ) conjecture.

Definitely they will check the trade winds when they get an engine update of any significance, or even better a significant funding update.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
at a mere 250 vehicles produced per day (the line could put out one truck every 52 seconds though we ran it at 54 seconds when I was there), it'll only take 16 production days to hit the 4,000 mark. They'll produce 5,000 a month easily once they get moving and it will take very little time for everyone on the line to learn their 52 second job. Assuming the suppliers can keep up, Elio could be running pretty fast very soon. I'd guess I'll get mine by week 6 but it could take a little to get the logistics train caught up. I'll give them 8 weeks to get to mine... #3898.

Attendance has probably dropped because there just isn't much to talk about at this point that isn't run into the ground already here. Seriously, think something up, search for it and see how much it's already been talked about. When the engine runs, recheck attendance. The amount of people on here doesn't indicate that people are"walking away", just that they are tired of guessing, conjecturing, and predicting... Well, that's my take, anyway.

Top Bottom