• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Personal Attacks, Stirring The Pot Is One

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just got my hand slapped for a personal attack.
Now could the rest of the members be treated the same.
STIRRING THE POT who someone uses regular is a personal attack to the poster.
Just because a person doesn't know the answer to a question is no reason to jump their case.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
confused.gif

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just because a person doesn't know the answer to a question is no reason to jump their case.

Hmmm...Not sure of the post you're talking about, but, speaking for myself, I think you'd be much happier if you didn't take things said on this forum so "to heart". Stress is a killer! There's only maybe 10 people on this planet that a care what they think of me, or my opinions...none of them are on this site (unless my Mom's decided to join ;)). "Consider the source" is a good rule to live by, and don't dwell on, what you consider, "personal attacks", they don't matter one bit. It could be as simple as your interpretation of what was said, and not what the poster actually meant. I can't remember where I read/heard it, but there was an analogy about a dog. If you slap a puppy, ten years later he may bite you for it, but he didn't spend the last ten years thinking about how he was going to get back at you.....be the dog [don't dwell on it...but I already pointed that out earlier]. Seriously, hope you have a nice day, Wayne. :)

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Hmmm...Not sure of the post you're talking about, but, speaking for myself, I think you'd be much happier if you didn't take things said on this forum so "to heart"."

I was speaking for someone else. I could care less what some say to me. But if you are going to have rules on a forum they should apply to all, ever mother hen.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Hmmm...Not sure of the post you're talking about, but, speaking for myself, I think you'd be much happier if you didn't take things said on this forum so "to heart"."

I was speaking for someone else. I could care less what some say to me. But if you are going to have rules on a forum they should apply to all, ever mother hen.

Okay...Now I know which thread you're talking about. The "tough questions" guy. I consider him a "Devil's Advocate" kind of like Snick. I enjoy their posts, and "can sometimes" bring up legitimate questions. I consider all questions/statements kind of moot until I have one sitting in my driveway, but I agree, some people take criticism of the Elio personally...It takes all kinds...Sie la vie!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay...Now I know which thread you're talking about. The "tough questions" guy. I consider him a "Devil's Advocate" kind of like Snick. I enjoy their posts, and "can sometimes" bring up legitimate questions. I consider all questions/statements kind of moot until I have one sitting in my driveway, but I agree, some people take criticism of the Elio personally...It takes all kinds...Sie la vie!

http://www.shakespeare-online.com/plays/witcheschants.html
Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7rd_Jk9esyd00riJGGy5tWeQCddKrUozpvEtZ66IqYZ5MBth4dYl9P08.png

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Moderator Comment:

We do have rules and we try to enforce them fairly however we also don't believe in zero tolerance rules as context does matter. We understand that many issues resolve themselves in threads as our membership is generally pretty good at policing themselves. This would be the moderation teams preferred way of dealing with an issue, as long as a post is not too far over the line, as it generally allows the conversation to proceed forward in a natural way.

At times we may not intervene publicly however we will instead contact members via the private conversation or notifications systems as a number of our members have found out over time.

The recommended course of action if you have an issue with a post is to report it as we do try and resolve any issues as fairly as possible. The entire moderation team does see these reports and do have the option of posting their own comments and opinions which actually helps us keep our moderation activities as consistent and fair as possible.

If you start a thread simply to directly complain about another members behavior that is clearly inappropriate as a personal attack on another member and it will be removed. However if you begin a thread asking a general question about an issue you may have seen on the forum we will likely not remove if it actually does bring up a good point of discussion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom