• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio At St Francis University

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On a simular line of thought, I wonder if they'd consider some sort of obvious distinction on all the first Year ones?
Something besides the Z I'll put on mine?
I loved the speech and Q & A afterward. You can tell he's still not actually used to public speaking. Not a bad thing, he's not a politician. ;)
I think PE did the best I've heard from him so far in a recorded public event, and he had full command of what he wanted to say, and to all questions. I am still laughing about the whole cow fart quip, seriously, between that and him poking his head out of the rear of his vehicle and constantly holding a Starbuck Venti, for a CEO he's a bit unhinged. But I like that. I was very interested at the very end where he actually said if he had to, he would go public... but only if he had to. He said it like he was channeling Red Green, "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
wow. Just listened to Paul's full lecture and Q/A. Very well done, and I love how he didn't dodge any questions. (I'm use to politicians talking 30 minutes after a question, and never answering the asked question. lol).

Seems the divorce is long in the past, and will not be a factor that will take his mind/money off his mission. When I first read about the divorce, I thought it just happened, and had me worried.

This makes me wish I applied myself more after I got my degree, so I would now be a qualified investor so I could consider helping Elio fund this car. I always held down full time jobs afterwards, but never really pushed for higher pay or did projects on my own for extra money.

But hopefully folks that did apply there self more or got inheritance, will help us out and possible get a great return on there investment. I do feel much better about them getting there money back, after this speech. (not to mention us reservation holders)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thinking slingshot
Next week- start of 2nd quarter!!!

The Slingshot isn't that appealing to me. I did have a larger pre-order reservation deposit on the Lit Motors C-1, but with their lack of progress and not even close to meeting production goals I got a refund. Now I'm hoping for the Toyota i-Road Autoscooter EV. It's certainly not for everybody, but everybody that test drives it has a big smile on their face and say it's the most fun they've ever had behind a steering wheel. It would be my & vehicle for around town errands which is my planned use for the Elio.
image.jpg

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think PE did the best I've heard from him so far in a recorded public event, and he had full command of what he wanted to say, and to all questions. I am still laughing about the whole cow fart quip, seriously, between that and him poking his head out of the rear of his vehicle and constantly holding a Starbuck Venti, for a CEO he's a bit unhinged. But I like that. I was very interested at the very end where he actually said if he had to, he would go public... but only if he had to. He said it like he was channeling Red Green, "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."
I am very glad to hear that he would be willing to go public if he had to.
There is a phrase "better to bend than to brake".
I would hate to see Elio Motors brake because Paul Elio refused to bend.

Go Elio.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://www.theguardian.com/law/2015...ex-husband-30-years-after-break-up-dale-vince
"
Woman wins right to seek money from ex-husband 30 years after breakup"
"Supreme court gives Kathleen Wyatt go-ahead to claim against Ecotricity boss Dale Vince, who became a multimillionaire after their divorce"

Sets a scary precedent! :eek:

Back on topic: Still haven't had a chance to watch the St. Francis University video yet. 12 on, 12 off has left me too whooped to watch when I get home:(...maybe I'll squeeze it in around my lunch break.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a thought.
In the business world, unlike Washington, DC, it's considered bad practice to throw business partners under the bus.
Especially when they are critical to your business and are bigger than you are.
Some times it's in your best interest to just suck it up and then move on.
Is this why EM made not mention that it was the lawsuit of the councilwoman of Caddo parish that caused them to loose already secured funding?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the Saint Francis University video:

At time 51:10 Paul says they would go public only if he had to. Then he says they would eventually go public anyway because the investors would want an exit strategy.

At time 52:53, it sounds like Paul refers to the top speed of 107 mph.

At time 55:05, Paul says the weight is 1228 pounds.

At time 55:50, Paul says he believes they will have 250,000 reservations.

Top Bottom