• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P6 ?

Otacon

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I was at the viewing of the p4 in Lake Havasu and one of the information people told me that they are working on the p5 right now and actually building it. Then a little later on this year they will be crash testing 25 of them to work out all of the bugs and to get that 5 star crash test rating that they know will come. What do you guys think?

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WHO is an interesting question. I've wondered that myself.
IAV did the design for the engine so I guess Comau will be laying out the production equipment??
As far as Ford, haven't been near one of their plants since the Mahwah plant in the early 60s.
As far as the rest of the questions, Do you have a need to know?
"Need to know"; if they want 'Crowdfunding" Money, YES I need to know HOW they plan to acquire, machine, and assemble 500 - 1,000 engines daily to keep their assembly line running. And HOW they plan to do it by their stated 'timeline' of "First Half of 2016"! Since they have obtained the funding to START the building of the P5, does not mean that they have the money to "quickly" build the P6-P30, or the 31 IAV engines, that Paul Elio says will also be needed.

Otacon

Elio Fan
Reaction score
What I was told by the tour guys was that they plan to start building only 250 a day at the beginning and then working their way up to 500 a day. Then they will split into two teams and do 250 each and then bump it up to 500 each line. So they will be starting off small and working their way up to 1k a day. If they made 250 a day it would only take them about 6 months to roll out with all of the reservations so far.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What I was told by the tour guys was that they plan to start building only 250 a day at the beginning and then working their way up to 500 a day. Then they will split into two teams and do 250 each and then bump it up to 500 each line. So they will be starting off small and working their way up to 1k a day. If they made 250 a day it would only take them about 6 months to roll out with all of the reservations so far.

that message from the tour has been consistent over time .... the length of time required to ramp up to full production will be influenced by circumstances as they unfold during the process

Last edited:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AS A TOOLMAKER WHO BUILDS PROTOTYPE PARTS FOR A LIVING ,
I CAN TELL YOU THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GOOD & A BAD ENGINEER
IS THE NUMBER OF GUESSES IT TAKES THEM TO DESIGN THE PART .
I agree. At Task Research, We had a mindset that dictated that we didn't engineer it, we built it better that it needed to be.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
"Need to know"; if they want 'Crowdfunding" Money, YES I need to know HOW they plan to acquire, machine, and assemble 500 - 1,000 engines daily to keep their assembly line running. And HOW they plan to do it by their stated 'timeline' of "First Half of 2016"! Since they have obtained the funding to START the building of the P5, does not mean that they have the money to "quickly" build the P6-P30, or the 31 IAV engines, that Paul Elio says will also be needed.

if you need that info to invest, you might try and get it during the coming AMA program .... you can't get it here .... if you can't invest without the info, you might be wise to look for another investment

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My experience is both engineers and toolmakers (builders) are equally important. Engineers are not builders and builders are not engineers. It's a TEAM effort. We should throw a designer into the mix so that there is form, function, and build quality.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
if you need that info to invest, you might try and get it during the coming AMA program .... you can't get it here .... if you can't invest without the info, you might be wise to look for another investment
That's good advice for all potential investors hoping to make some profit on their investments.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is the first production Elio coming off the line in 2016? It's still a few months out to the unveil of the P5, maybe around Christmas which is only a few months out. EM could subcontract the engine build with an off site engine manufacturing partner and phase in their own engine production facility in Shreveport later on.
The problem with that idea is the cost of production tooling. Why would Elio want to bear that twice?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is the first production Elio coming off the line in 2016? It's still a few months out to the unveil of the P5, maybe around Christmas which is only a few months out. EM could subcontract the engine build with an off site engine manufacturing partner and phase in their own engine production facility in Shreveport later on.
I'd be surprised if we don't see P5 in July. P6-30 will quickly follow and won't take as long as they'll most likely use all the same jigs and stuff.

Top Bottom