• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Open Window For Crowdfunding Purchace

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would imagine, but am not positive, that you would also have to work through the StartEngine.com web site, just like those who stated their intentions and get early access.

However... I wouldn't count on any being left over for open sale. At 184% over-sold, you'd have to get darn near 50% participation, or less, in order for there to be any left over to go to open sales.

Edit: Also, the minimum should be the same as for the early-access people: $600.00 for 50 shares.

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Fund America swooped in and debited my checking account for the 50 shares today. I guess I didn't expect that to happen until after the 7-day window closed at the earliest. Maybe they sold all the shares already?
They didn't really "swoop". You may have misunderstood the agreement. You told them you had the money, that you qualified for the investment, and that you wanted them to take the money out of your account as quickly as they could process the transaction.

You do have a cancellation window, if you change your mind. I believe it is 7 days. You might want to verify whether the 7 days is from the start of the offering, from the date you authorized the payment, or from the day they actually made the withdrawal.

After that window closes, the funds are no longer returnable at your discretion. If the collections fall short of the 50% minimum, then refunds will be forthcoming.

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They didn't really "swoop". You may have misunderstood the agreement. You told them you had the money, that you qualified for the investment, and that you wanted them to take the money out of your account as quickly as they could process the transaction.

You do have a cancellation window, if you change your mind. I believe it is 7 days. You might want to verify whether the 7 days is from the start of the offering, from the date you authorized the payment, or from the day they actually made the withdrawal.

After that window closes, the funds are no longer returnable at your discretion. If the collections fall short of the 50% minimum, then refunds will be forthcoming.
Naw, it's all good... I just didn't think it was going to happen already. I've been checking this website nearly every day for the past 18 months, so I'm not used to anything Elio-related happening quickly... :-)

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Fund America swooped in and debited my checking account for the 50 shares today. I guess I didn't expect that to happen until after the 7-day window closed at the earliest. Maybe they sold all the shares already?
They did come in quickly, though they need to. I would agree, Elio Motors is trying to nail the money down within this initial offering window so they don't need to open it up to others yet. They'll save that for later if they need it. Time will tell.

Top Bottom