• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Open Window For Crowdfunding Purchace

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I hear you Karl.

The "go-for-it" side of me says, it'll help get EM closer to giving me my vehicle. If the risk generates the reward, it'll be a great investment many years from now.

The "nah I'll pass" side of me says, they already have my $1000, and while it's true that for me it will be $1650 toward the purchase price, I'm not in a place financially at this time that I have $600 to invest in a high risk/high reward company. My money needs to go for paying off things, plus my existing retirement funds will allow me to retire comfortably.

I just haven't decided yet.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like most of us that have one, my retirement account took an other hit this year. The realist in me asks how much can you afford to lose. I can't remember wanting something more than driving my Elio. The longer I wait the more it becomes apparent that this is far from a fait accompli.

Then I also buy the occasional lottery ticket too. That hasn't payed out yet either. I refuse to lose hope.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I went through life figuring that I would never hit a time that I couldn't work (how's that for a "go for it" attitude)
People used to ask when I was going to retire; my answer "when I fall down and they start throwing dirt on me".

Then real life checked in and slapped me hard.
So now I live on SSD and what's left of the retirement fund.
But ........ I have $12K tucked away and earmarked for my Elio.
That's how much I believe it is going to happen.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But ........ I have $12K tucked away and earmarked for my Elio.
That's how much I believe it is going to happen.

Off topic but I know you like cats...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 203
Top Bottom