• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Official Elio Motors Events - 2014

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
stopping and smelling the roses
And counting the rabbits, antelopes, flowers, etc. It was some trip. We woke up the first morning out of Toledo to the noise of a lot of air hissing. We were unaware that we had camped next to a hot air balloon event. What a sight. Another time we camped along the Green River in Wyoming. According to AAA the campground was open but when we got there it was closed. So we simply drove around the gate and set up camp. A ranger came by later and welcomed us telling us to enjoy our stay. LOL We shared the campground with deer, saw an electric storm moving along the rim of the mountain on the other side of the river, watched cattle grazing down at the rivers edge, were visited by curious rabbits and more than a few ants. But we had a wonderful time. What an adventure. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Driving out west is about driving very fast just so you will not fall asleep from boredom. I am also assuming this car will not be made to maintain speeds often seen out west for very long times. It is only a 3 cylinder engine. I was driving north out of vegas on 15 and was doing a healthy speed and still felt the urge to get off just to make sure I was still moving.
Scenery not changing hurts a speed perspective.
Driving out west is always measured in time, no one can get a grip on the distance, lowering the time is all about speed. When you drive on the east coast you talk about distance, who wants to know how much time it takes to go 10 miles.

The vehicle should handle extended runs on the highway just fine. It has an estimated top speed of 107 MPH which is likely limited by gearing more than anything else. With its great aerodynamics and appropriate overdrive gearing cruising down the highway at 80-90 mph should not be an issue at all. As has been discussed in several threads running at a steady pace on the highway is actually less demanding on engines than stop and go traffic and even idling.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am kind of surprised how little the Northeast is on the tour schedule. I figured this was the ultimate urban commuter vehicle.
The east coast represents little space and congestion, This car does not appeal to me if I was out west in open roads. It cannot go fast enough or long enough for open roads.
So what is the deal?
Elio has been to Boston and CT. as far as I know..

Ray

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would really like to see the Elio here in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. With my small 3 wheel cars it's very hard for me to travel highways. That's why I need the Elio In the first place.

ClubJoe
Sunny Brandon, FL
The ironic thing is, the Elio has been to Florida more than to almost anywhere else. LOL Like many of us, you didn't know about the Elio so you didn't get to see it. They had planned another stop later this year but they had so many states that had been missed they are now playing catchup for them. Of course that is not the gospel but it is my opinion which is never humble and very biased. :-) Z

mbubar

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I can't wait for the Rome, GA airshow in October! Does anyone know if the folks demonstrating the vehicle maintain lists of ALL IN members? It would be nice to know they appreciate those who believe in this enough to have invested a grand well before production!

Top Bottom