• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Minneapolis Mn 5/29-5/31

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the FUN!
I plan on driving up on Saturday. I It is about 6.5 hour drive. I plan to be there about noon.

Could you ask them if there will be any way of locking the engine hood so no one can steal the battery? Currently there is no way of locking the hood.

It is said the purpose of anti-theft devices is to make it difficult enough that thieves will go to the next car. I am sure the thieves will be flocking to the Elio.

Thank you.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could you ask them if there will be any way of locking the engine hood so no one can steal the battery? Currently there is no way of locking the hood.

It is said the purpose of anti-theft devices is to make it difficult enough that thieves will go to the next car. I am sure the thieves will be flocking to the Elio.

Thank you.
Pretty simple really. The motor's about the same size as my lawn mower. Not much market for a 350CCA lawn and garden battery. Plus it saves weight.

Or just do what the big companies do, bury the some beach under so much stuff it isn't worth the time it takes to get to it.

I guess I don't get the urban problems. The aux battery on my plow truck has been outside above the front bumper in a boat battery box for years, and the only time it got heisted was when the tractor battery picked Sunday afternoon with rain coming to quit.

I'm willing to ask if no one else wants to.

I really think the production model will have an inside hood latch.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never sat in (or seen, for that matter) the Elio in person, but in another thread someone was showing the "pigeon hole" on the console. Just curious if there's something of similar size (console width) on the door, or does it seem lopsided/un-centered while sitting in the driver's seat.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thank you.

Here ya go, Pistonboy. Strap one of these to the battery...If it slows them down, they'll probably move on.

battery lock.jpg

Top Bottom