• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Looks Like We Did Get Laws Changed In Kansas

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I for one do not support helmets laws for motorcycles or three wheeler autocars. I wear one all of time on the bikes , I just feel the government has better things to do than worry about it and LEO have much more important things to enforce.
While it maybe foolish not to wear one being foolish is a right for the most part.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I for one do not support helmets laws for motorcycles or three wheeler autocars. I wear one all of time on the bikes , I just feel the government has better things to do than worry about it and LEO have much more important things to enforce.
While it maybe foolish not to wear one being foolish is a right for the most part.

I agree. I don't care if someone elects not to wear a helmet.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like the Subaru commercials he lived... again. Wearing a helmet by choice. Deer 60 mph dead center. Deer dead 1100 pound Harley totaled frame broke in two places . Me few broken parts but healed up . Without the helmet I would not be posting this today. I will wear one as every one in this family does but should be our choice.
deerhunt19800x600.jpg

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Per the bill's website, http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2015_16/measures/hb2044/, there is an update... "Committee Report recommending bill be passed as amended by [Senate] Committee on Transportation".

I looked at the .pdf in the Bill History, looks like the Senate Transportation Committee found a few T's to cross and i's to dot.

They added the autocycle to the paragraphs about requiring a safety belt. Makes sense.

Here's what I "think" happens next. Senate will vote on it, not sure when. If it passes, since the Senate amended the bill, it goes back to the House for approval. We can all hope that since it passed through fine the first time the House saw it, it'll pass through this time fine too.

Then I'm not sure if the governor has veto option on a bill of this type or not in Kansas.

X Ask State Representative to write autocycle bill
X State Rep writes bill, asks for our input
X State Rep submits bill to House Transportation committee
X Committee amends bill and sends it to House
X House approves it 122-0
X Bill is submitted to Senate Transportation committee
X Committee amends bill and sends it to Senate
_ Senate votes
_ Amended bill goes back to House for vote
_ House votes

Attachments

• cr_2015_hb2044_s_1562.pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 197

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem is that your and my insurance rates are set in part by people not wearing helmets. Same goes for seatbelts but because they are required, an insurance company can refuse payment if proved to not have been worn. If it wasn't a law, the actuary tables would show probabilities of death from not wearing a helmet for you and me. We'd pay more.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Here's the latest: Kansas Senate voted on March 19 to accept the autocycle bill, 38-0. A few things have happened since then and even today. I believe these things to be the process of both houses giving it the thumbs up. So I think we are headed towards it becoming an official law soon, not sure when.

http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2015_16/measures/hb2044/

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the latest: Kansas Senate voted on March 19 to accept the autocycle bill, 38-0. A few things have happened since then and even today. I believe these things to be the process of both houses giving it the thumbs up. So I think we are headed towards it becoming an official law soon, not sure when.

http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2015_16/measures/hb2044/
Good news! The law will no doubt be official long before the autocycle that it is intended for.

I think we are headed towards the Elio becoming an official autocycle soon, not sure when.

Top Bottom