• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a question for the tour team.
What is the ratio of new people ( people who have never seen or heard of the Elio) to Elio fanatics?
Is the tour team just preaching to the choir?
that was indeed my observation at two locations. What was cool as I waited in line, there were people who were curious and knew not much- made me look like part of the E team, as I shared my limited information. Disappointed however that no one asked if it came in yellow !!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I got the same thing when they were down in Portland the first time (they came back to do the Washington Square display).
I had 5 or 6 people standing around (close) when I was talking to Neil; seemed like most of them never thought of half the things I was asking him.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got the same thing when they were down in Portland the first time (they came back to do the Washington Square display).
I had 5 or 6 people standing around (close) when I was talking to Neil; seemed like most of them never thought of half the things I was asking him.
BTW, living out here allows "late night shows" to be seen earlier- love it, except English Soccer , starts at 5 a.m.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a question for the tour team.
What is the ratio of new people ( people who have never seen or heard of the Elio) to Elio fanatics?
Is the tour team just preaching to the choir?

after standing around for a good while when the tour was in Charlotte last December I got curious about the same thing .... Jerome told me that at most stops it was a pretty good mix .... he said it was common to see folks wearing reservation holder shirts, many bringing friends and/or family with them .... many others who have heard of an Elio made a special trip to see it .... it was also common to see people stop, stand on the fringe, watch a while from a distance and then come back later to get in line .... he said they don't push taking reservations at the tour stops but find that many people who have never heard of an Elio before happening by earlier in the day end up making one .... we made our All In reservation at the tour so I can understand that ..:cool:..

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think as long as the engine is actually IN the car and the visible pieces are all in place and painted, they will at least be able to have it on display.

What would be great would be 1 finished E model outside for press test drives and P5 inside for display. That would kick it up a whole new level. Hopefully they will have the P5 finished exterior with blacked out windows.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What would be great would be 1 finished E model outside for press test drives and P5 inside for display. That would kick it up a whole new level. Hopefully they will have the P5 finished exterior with blacked out windows.
It is supposed to be 100% complete when it rolls out at the Auto Show.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM said the P5 would be completed sometime in October and revealed at the Auto Show in November. That provides a window of time for testing.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here are a few questions: does this car have production sound proofing and OBD-II capabilities? Is EM going to limit the OBD-II? The importance of this question has to do with after-market options that need input from the car in order to work.

Actual production ground clearance in inches? This has been described as "the same as a Ford Mustang," but which Ford Mustang? Better, what is it in inches?

What's the current news on the Turbo kit?

What would it take for the company to offer Yellow, even as an extra-cost option?

The ground clearance was provided prior at 5.75". Here is the link: https://support.eliomotors.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=✓&query=ground+clearance&commit=Search

Top Bottom