• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the free HOV/HOT lane access and as mentioned by Horscoots above the much better parking in and and around the DC area. Even if the politicians manage to take away any of that by saying the E isn't a motocycle....I'll still have a commuter vehicle more appropriate for me as I am always alone to/from work.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started following the Elio in '08 and feel it's taking way too long. Over 7 years I have lost a measure of enthusiasm. Meanwhile, Paul and EM's Management/Marketing/Legislative Team are drawing $200K salaries for their hard work. It's a job and a good one at that.

My personal under promised production date is 2017. I hope EM over delivers in 2016.

However, I am counting on the promised P5 reveal at the LA Auto Show. If not, Elio will be dead to me.
It's always been the money Rickb. It could've been done much sooner as there is no new tech w/ our ELIO except it's 3 wheeled and the tech. has been proven by the likes of Morgan trikes, etc. Offering a/c, airbag, safety features, radio, etc. w/ their target $6,800 price tag smelled really good for us future consumers but not attractive to investors out there because there isn't much money to be made- creating the vehicle itself, the network of dealer/installer, etc. are dizzying enough to make me even think that it's possible to see ELIO parked in my driveway by 2017. Money, money and more money are what EM needs or we're all lucky just to see the P5 and not much else- starting the E series, well, another round of funding could be in order to get it started and who knows where or when it will come. putting a blind eye and think everything is honky dory is the consensus as always, "it'll be ready when they're ready" as our diehards will say. The ELIO is the car of the FUTURE from what we read, and literally it is, it is however not the car for TODAY as it is yet to hit the streets to prove it's merits- how soon in the future??? As the saying goes, NO MONEY, NO HONEY! As for me, I won't fold if EM don't, after all, they've already spent my 1K!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember, money isn't everything-- but they won't go out with you if you don't have any.
My take, production 2016- or it'll be on the top of the autotcycle list of failures of the 21s Century.
You've been finding the wrong kind of women ;)
2016 I believe whole heartedly is going to be a reality. :thumb:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember, money isn't everything-- but they won't go out with you if you don't have any.
My take, production 2016- or it'll be on the top of the autotcycle list of failures of the 21s Century.
If the P5 is complete as promised and revealed at the LA Auto Show, I'll give EM an extension to any quarter 2017. Q4 2016 would be a shocking and very pleasant surprise for me with all the work that remains: E Builds/testing, fund raising, factory tooling, hiring, training, parts, engines, and adding a custom yellow paint booth.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the P5 is complete as promised and revealed at the LA Auto Show, I'll give EM an extension to any quarter 2017. Q4 2016 would be a shocking and very pleasant surprise for me with all the work that remains: E Builds/testing, fund raising, factory tooling, hiring, training, parts, engines, and adding a custom yellow paint booth.
I agree!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
and a Chinese or Indian Company doing it for $6799.
I won't be the least surprise! It starts to dawn on me that while EM is trying very hard to save as much money by innovating, but will quality suffer? Quality cost money- add to that expensive American labor and $6,800 seemed too good to be true. And if what they are claiming "half the car , half the cost holds true", then we're all recipient of the lowest priced American made enclosed trike! It remains to be seen how EM will pull this off and while my faith in them are on shaky ground and my patience is running thin, I need to give EM "A+" for effort to get to this point, changing the laws, etc. My hope lies on the final prototype P5 with it's new engine- it'll be placed on a microscope, scrutinized, and tested hopefully by the very people that will fund this project all the way to the finish line. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom