• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started following the Elio in '08 and feel it's taking way too long. Over 7 years I have lost a measure of enthusiasm. Meanwhile, Paul and EM's Management/Marketing/Legislative Team are drawing $200K salaries for their hard work. It's a job and a good one at that.

My personal under promised production date is 2017. I hope EM over delivers in 2016.

However, I am counting on the promised P5 reveal at the LA Auto Show. If not, Elio will be dead to me.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Update Time !!!

Questions to ask

1) Does the P5 come with production sound proofing?
2) Does it have OBD-II capabilities and are the limited by EM? If so how?
3) What is the current state of the turbo? Is it in the works? How far along is it?
4) Now knowing that they will use PPC coloring can they give the color specs for any of the colors? (Thank you TY for this knowledge)
5) What are the plans for yellow? Come on there has to be some, you can't upset that many people.
6) When will the options list for the Elio be listed? Possible date? (Could answer a lot of customization questions)
7) What are the standard options that are confirmed?
8) Will the owners' manual be physical or PDF? When might we get a sneak peek online?
9) Numbers heard are 19,000 in 90 days. Is that correct? Is that calendar or working days?
10) Are you seeing more new people or established fans of the Elio at the events you are attending?
11) When will the vehicle for handsome pre-order holder #11492 be ready?

Pictures requested
1) Front suspension : how it comes out of the body panel, what the covering looks like
2) Exhaust port : Location (probably get an undershot for clearance if possible too)
3) Interior : With a tape measure for dimensions if possible
4) Dash : specific without Skyz system if possible (no tape measure)
5) Side mirrors : size and are they manual or power

Measurements
1) Height to bottom of license plate both laden and unladen
2) From seat to ceiling in backseat
3) Overall width of front of vehicle (specific to parking between 2 poles, not wheel width)
4) Trunk : Size dimensions, Width of opening

General observation
1) Is there a gas cap or not (as Corvette fill spot)
2) Are there 2 armrests? Where are they located... part of the seat... part of the door panel... combination of both?
3) Are the turn/ interior/ side marker/ tail(brake) lights incandescent or LED?
It cost me $1,000 to move to 11,492..what you interested in to move me up from #11?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It cost me $1,000 to move to 11,492..what you interested in to move me up from #11?

Ummm "..what you interested in to move me up from #11?...."

What does that say? I've read it a couple of times, and still haven't quite figured it out.
Would you mind rephrasing that please?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have another question to add to the list from something that came up the other day; since you can't see the nose of the Elio, is the material it's made of like the bumpers they had on the early GTO's? Body color matched, impact absorbing bumpers. <--link
Or will it have a sensor? Or will they just be keeping a lot of color matched nose pieces in stock at the retail centers that will be inexpensive?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You'll have to check your local laws on that. Here in AZ, the autocycle is a class of motorcycles that have specific license exemption (no exemption needed for helmet requirements because they don't exist). So they will be able to use the HOV lanes anywhere in my home state, just like any other motorcycle.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You'll have to check your local laws on that. Here in AZ, the autocycle is a class of motorcycles that have specific license exemption (no exemption needed for helmet requirements because they don't exist). So they will be able to use the HOV lanes anywhere in my home state, just like any other motorcycle.

Same here in NY . HOV lanes AND preferred parking are in my future .

Top Bottom