• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Kit Cars And Kit Trucks

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else here has ever built a kit car; I did a couple of the Cobras when those kits were popular; but I ran across these today.
I know a few people here have multiple cars an trucks that are older and in need of some TLC; so if you have an old full size pickup (Ford, Chevy or Dodge) and would like a project, try one of these:

Lil Big Rigs

lil_pete_5-31-10_005_up0w.jpg

I think that is really cool.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the longest time, I wanted a Sterling kit car. It was a VW kit once upon a time, but now there is a company that makes them on tube chassis with Subaru engines.

But I think mostly I just like the lifting top.

Always liked the Sterlings, and with a Suby engine it would be a screamer! The only issue I have, which is one of the things that make it 'cool' is the one-piece canopy-style top. If it's raining, you might as well sit there until it stops...unless you don't mind soaking the interior.

Factory Five Racing's 818 coupe (shown earlier in the post) uses the Suby 4cyl boxer (WRX preferred!) mounted mid-engine and weighs in at around 1800lbs. with 220+ hp....Well, that's gotta be fast! :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
For the longest time, I wanted a Sterling kit car. It was a VW kit once upon a time, but now there is a company that makes them on tube chassis with Subaru engines.

But I think mostly I just like the lifting top.
Could you see yourself in that car when it's pouring rain and you have to get in or out?
You would have to have drains in your bucket seats. :becky:

Top Bottom