• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
He has had some trial runs in the Xfinity Series already this year. Was really nice to have a fresh perspective in the booth. Given an off season to prepare I think J Gordon will do well. He has always handled himself well with the media and looks good on camera. Think he will be a breath of fresh air next year.
I agree; I heard him when he did the Xfinity races and he was really good. Knowing what he's talking about helps and he has a very good broadcast presence about himself. I just wasn't used to seeing him in a dress shirt and a tie; suit yes, but he didn't have the jacket in the booth.
Besides seeing DW go, having Brad Daugherty off the air is such a relief; he had no clue what he was talking about half the time.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
"Danica Patrick pushed to the top of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series leaderboard Friday in final practice at Daytona International Speedway.

Patrick lead a sweep of the top four positions by Stewart-Haas Racing Chevrolets, clocking a lap of 198.133 mph in the No. 10 entry. Patrick, a Coors Light Pole Award winner for the 2013 Daytona 500, will be making her 99th start in the Sprint Cup Series in Sunday night's Coke Zero 400 (7:45 p.m. ET, NBC, MRN, SiriusXM)."

from NASCAR.com

:first:

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:yawn: And where do you think she'll finish?
Ahead of Kyle Petty :D
Actually I'm not watching I'm pizzed off about the flag thing and the Trump thing .NASCAR should try to get there fan base back rather than alienating them .Willing to be a lot of empty seats .

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:yawn: And where do you think she'll finish?

with the inevitable "big one" that can take out umpteen vehicles at a whack, there is no way to tell .... if allowed to run her own race without being wrecked, if she doesn't have mechanical problems, if, if, if --- she is capable of a top 10 finish, top 5 even .... she won the pole a few years ago and has proven her ability to handle Daytona type tracks

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
more good news from Atlanta ..:D

"DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- It took all of 10 minutes into Friday's opening Sprint Cup Series practice before the "big one" occurred at Daytona International Speedway.

Video replay showed contact between Brad Keselowski and Kyle Busch triggered a 10-car accident that relegated eight drivers to backup cars for Sunday night's Coke Zero 400, including three of the four Joe Gibbs Racing Toyotas.

Busch, his JGR teammates Carl Edwards and Denny Hamlin, Chevrolet drivers Martin Truex Jr., Jamie McMurray and Ryan Newman and Ford drivers Trevor Bayne and Sam Hornish Jr. all had to switch to backup cars.

"Looks like the 2-car (Keselowski) got into my left rear and he got away unscathed and crashed everybody else's stuff," Busch said after looking at a video replay of the incident.

"It's frustrating, it's not at all what these guys pour all their blood, sweat and tears into preparing cars. We wreck in practice, that's not very smart. The 2-car just spun us around. There's room to lift but some people don't."

from NASCAR.com

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was watching practice when it happened.
Shrub couldn't say that he was also moving all over the track when it happened; coming out of turn two he went from high to low right in front of Brad and Brad already had a head of steam coming out of the turn. Yeah he could have checked up, and had 3 cars climb all over the back of him. Denny was just going by low and someone rolled down in front of him; no where to go. Same with Newman and Truex; they were coming up fast on the outside and when Shrub slid up into the wall, they had no where to go.
They were all racing too hard for a practice and Shrub lost the handle on the car.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Now more than ever; to get into the chase you have to have a win (he has one) but you also have to be in the top thirty in points (he's at 37)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Now more than ever; to get into the chase you have to have a win (he has one) but you also have to be in the top thirty in points (he's at 37)

starting at the back at Daytona isn't as big of a deal as it is on many other tracks .... personally, I hope he finishes the season in 31st place, one point out of 30th .... guess you can tell, I'm not a Kyle fan

Top Bottom