• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
per NASCAR.com :

"• The No. 4 team has been assessed a P1 level penalty for receiving written warnings in two consecutive events (Section 12.5.3.1b,c NASCAR rule book). The team will receive the last choice in the pit selection process for this weekend’s event at Pocono Raceway."

anybody have a clue what they were doing to get the warnings ?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've said from the beginning when the 4 car was so much faster then the others, and now the 48 is just as fast; they found something that gives them all that speed and NASCRAP hasn't found it yet, but they're digging deep; that's why they keep failing inspections.

Kevin is not a top line driver, but when you have a car that's faster then anyone else, it's a lot easier to win races.
And since Stewart-Haas is a franchise team for Hedrick it's easy to understand why the 48 has found the same speed.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
A fun weekend! Watching them wrestle 3400lbs cars around Sonoma!
Always good; I was surprised, Larson is right in there at the top of the speed chart with the big boys; Truex too.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to try and force myself to watch today's race .... as you may be able to tell, I'm not a fan of road courses

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Really? I find the road courses to be the best races they do all season; I wish they would include one in the Chase.
Best race I remember for Sonoma was when Ernie "Swerv'n" Irvin started the race on the pole, was penalized and sent back to the end of the pack; and sliced and diced his way back to the front to win. This was back in 1992; back when racing wasn't IROC

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not as muck of a NASCAR fan as back in 60's -80's . I followed Danica back when she raced Go-Karts and she is one the most intense drivers out there and that is why I'm a fan of her's .I like Tony ,Jr and I like Bush since he dumped his psychopathic girl friend .
I'm pleased that I don't have to listen to DW's mouth after this week .
NASCAR over the past few years have destroyed themselves with idiotic decisions .The latest bad decision was the Confederate flag issue .

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
for me, watching road course racing is pretty much like watching a train going by .... I like 2 - 3 - 4 wide racing

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been a NASCAR fan most of my life; but since Brian got to steer the boat I lose more and more interest as time goes on. Brian and his group of whack jobs have done more to hurt NASCAR than anything else. They have taken away the true spirit of the sport and made it this cute little IROC package that has pissed off the majority of long time fans.
The more they take away from NASCAR, the more I like German Touring Car, American Le Mans / Rolex series and NHRA (but I've always loved NHRA)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There has been a lot of passing, Fox just does a poor job of broadcasting where the racing is actually happening; further back in the field.
Shrub is just getting in peoples way, I can see him getting spun out later.
Larson; I like this kid ;) he has been so close to winning a race so many times, I can't wait till he finally does. I can see him being another Jeff Gordon once he does win one. Jeffy had a hard time in the beginning, but the level of competition was so much different then. When he started there were only 4 to 6 cars that had a chance, now I'd say 1/3 of the field is pretty close.

Top Bottom