• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
All Star qualifying where they have no no pit road speed limit ..:eek:.. is really something
That's how racing used to be; the cars would come in as hot as they wanted.
It stopped after a few guys on pit row died from getting hit; the last one that died was a member if Bill Elliot's crew in 1990; start of the 1991 was when they implemented pit road speed limit.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's how racing used to be; the cars would come in as hot as they wanted.
It stopped after a few guys on pit row died from getting hit; the last one that died was a member if Bill Elliot's crew in 1990; start of the 1991 was when they implemented pit road speed limit.

yep, a flashback for sure .... I remembered the rule being made because someone was killed but didn't remember the details

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
JEBar;204425 said:
heck of a Truck race at Charlotte tonight .... Kasey Kahne in a Dale Jr truck won by .006 of a second

I hate it when something like this happens :

"Kahne's No. 00 Chevrolet, however, failed post-race inspection. NASCAR deemed the front of the truck too low on both sides and too high in the right rear. The sanctioning body will take the truck to its nearby research-and-development center for further evaluation.
If penalties are forthcoming, they will be announced next week."

taken from this link where much more info is available

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That was a great finish to that race !
This "failing inspection" is getting out of hand; if a car is .005 of an inch too low or two high they fail it.
I'm so tired of Brian France and his "kiss butt" squad; they have ruined NASCAR by turning it into IROC.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
as a group, Chevy didn't do well in qualifying for the 600 .... that said, if he doesn't wreck or have mechanical issues I'm going with 48 ... mile and a half track and Chad is the best I know of at making adjustments to keep up with the track .... also given the same no wreck or mechanical issues, Danica will finish in the top 15 with the top 10 not being out of the question ..:D

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the prerace ceremonies at today's Coke 600 in Charlotte was exceptional .... the singers from the 82nd Airborne nailed the National Anthem as did the bagpipes playing Amazing Grace ..... its going to be a long evening .... Juan Pablo Montoya won at Indy today, must have not been any Jet Dryers on the track

Top Bottom