• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And what's the 'breaking point' for advertising? If they spend $100 on advertising and somehow figure they received $100 as a direct result of that advertising, is that a win? Do they need to receive 10% more $110? Or 100% more, $200. I'm sure there's a guy with a pocket protector somewhere who has the magic formula at the ready.

don't forget that private/public corporations write off the sponsorship cost as advertising .... consequently, they get to use money to advertise their company instead of sending it to the government .... that alone is a strong motivator

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
don't forget that private/public corporations write off the sponsorship cost as advertising .... consequently, they get to use money to advertise their company instead of sending it to the government .... that alone is a strong motivator
Well, they write it off, meaning they don't pay taxes on it.
It's not like they say, "Hey, I have $100, I'm going to give it to this charity so you take $100 off my taxes."
It's more like, "Hey, I gave $100 to charity so you take $30 off my taxes."

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No doubt about that.
Edit: Also He along with other Nascar drivers do a lot of charity work where they are not paid.
Agreed, and I don't want to take anything away from people that do charity work. But I'd bet that most of these guys are under contract to do that work. Which means, in effect, they are getting paid.
For the 2nd time today, I'll caveat that with : I could be wrong.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, they write it off, meaning they don't pay taxes on it.
It's not like they say, "Hey, I have $100, I'm going to give it to this charity so you take $100 off my taxes."
It's more like, "Hey, I gave $100 to charity so you take $30 off my taxes."

that would be an at best scenario for us but with the high paid bean counters doing the taxes for major corporations, with all their other tax breaks, I suspect they come out a good bit better

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm taking the 48 for Sunday's race .... the 48 hasn't been the fastest in practice but it has been solid

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in watching xfinity qualifying its good to see that NASCAR had gone away from the gang qualifying that wrecked so many good cars .... single car qualifying does take longer but it is a much better indicator of the individual car's performance

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
today's xfinity race at Talladega wasn't a bad one .... Logano had a good car and did what he had to do at the end .... I was in hope the Elliott Sadler would hold out but he got shuffled back at the very last to finish 7th

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
congrats to the 88 and 48 for a 1 - 2 finish at Talladega .... with debris on his grill causing the engine to over heat, and a major wreck behind him on the last lap, Jr did one heck of a job ..... considering the transmission in her car failed to where she only had high gear, my girl finished a respectable 21st ....

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Junior looked great and was one very happy and emotional driver

from what was reported this morning, his crew and he partied all night and he gave them today off .... that'll put them behind on Kansas this weekend but I doubt he cares very much, they are in the chase

Top Bottom