• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
actually the answer is yes .... NASCAR fans have a long, well researched, tendency to support businesses who sponsor NASCAR .... otherwise, spending mega bucks on the sport wouldn't make much sense .... Lowe's sponsorship of the 48 team is reported to have proven to be a major economic plus .... how many folks had heard of Go Daddy before they became sponsors for Danica ..:D
Sure, but how many NASCAR fans know what Go Daddy sells?o_O

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Only reason I want Danica to succeed is because she's SHR. I'm a Stewart fan. I've tried not to be as he does stuff that's hard to take, but I still keep gravitating back to rooting for him.

I'm a long time Tony fan as well .... he drives a Chevy and in past years took on much Dale senior's approach to racing .... events of the last two seasons have taken a great deal out of him .... I hope but don't know if he'll recover

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect that most of her fans know it handles web domains .... she's second only to Jr in popularity which gives her a huge following
Is she really the 2nd most popular driver? Shows how fickle fans are. She's never won a race in the big series. And JR, up until this year has been a pretty big disappointment. I really like him and want to see him do well, but he hasn't really produced yet. I feel bad for him in that he has big expectations to live up to.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is she really the 2nd most popular driver? Shows how fickle fans are. She's never won a race in the big series. And JR, up until this year has been a pretty big disappointment. I really like him and want to see him do well, but he hasn't really produced yet. I feel bad for him in that he has big expectations to live up to.

Jr isn't his father and never will be .... he has shown flashes of excellence but until the last couple of seasons hasn't able to maintain it .... it will be interesting to see how he does with the new crew chief .... this will be Danica's third year at the Spring Cup level .... last season she finished mid pack with puts her among the top 40 or so drivers on the planet .... hopefully she will continue to improve

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW .... I'm honored ..
cool14.gif
.. I've been a NASCAR fan since the early 60's ....

Well then, sounds like this thread has the correct title :) I posted as JEBar's..... but I guess the software corrected it, sorry.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW .... I'm honored ..
cool14.gif
.. I've been a NASCAR fan since the early 60's .... several of us teenagers would hang out at Holman and Moody where the fellow who worked there seemed to enjoy us being around .... we were at Charlotte when Fireball Roberts died .... I was a 3 fan who was had trouble latching onto another driver for a good while after his death .... basically, I'm a Chevy fan and pull for any Chevy out front .... some friends really can't stand Danica being in the sport so, I now pull for her .. :D .. the season kicks off with the Sprint Unlimited on Feb 14 .... the 500 is scheduled for 22nd .... anyone planning to attend ??
Been a NASCAR fan since the 60's as well. Liked Rusty Wallace and Dale Jarret and now I'm usually a Rousch Racing fan but they had a particularly bad year last year. I also cheer for Danica. In spite of her finishes she raced well and got caught up in accidents that weren't her fault. Having said that she needs to learn to stay up front to avoid being caught up in someone else's wreck. Never been a Jeff Gordon fan so I won't miss his whining after the race. Spent many years going to Phoenix with a group of guys and camped out from Wednesday through Monday. Also love Infineon (old Sears Point)track -- great views everywhere.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Been a NASCAR fan since the 60's as well. Liked Rusty Wallace and Dale Jarret and now I'm usually a Rousch Racing fan but they had a particularly bad year last year. I also cheer for Danica. In spite of her finishes she raced well and got caught up in accidents that weren't her fault. Having said that she needs to learn to stay up front to avoid being caught up in someone else's wreck. Never been a Jeff Gordon fan so I won't miss his whining after the race. Spent many years going to Phoenix with a group of guys and camped out from Wednesday through Monday. Also love Infineon (old Sears Point)track -- great views everywhere.

back in the '60's I pulled for Fred Lorenzen .... he was a really nice guy who very patient and friendly with the group I was in .... that's the only time I ever rmember pulling for a Ford driver

Top Bottom