• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Flashback

Buzzy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once had a '66 Shelby GT 350 H, black with gold racing stripes. AAAHHH!!! I traded it to my cousin for a 350cc Honda-- young, dumb, hard-up. I've gotten a little smarter over the years. I bought the Shelby for $600.00 from a friend who had lost his license in it. It did not have its original front end, though that had been replaced with another fiber-glass one. Basically, it looked like a ratty, beat up Mustang, but it was fun blowing the doors off '72 big-block Dodges (after the end of the muscle-car era, from '68 to '71). The Shelby's biggest drawback was: the "H" stands for "Hertz"; Hertz bought some of them to rent, and they had modified C-4's; it ate up automatic transmissions.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sunbeam Alpine (English) only sports car at the time (Healy, MG, TR, Alfa- that had roll=up windows- others might have , but this had an opening in the front bumper to install a hand crank when the battery died!, also had aMG TD with a small buick engine- but could never keep it from overheating- popped the clutch, saw the sky!!

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sunbeam Alpine (English) only sports car at the time (Healy, MG, TR, Alfa- that had roll=up windows- others might have , but this had an opening in the front bumper to install a hand crank when the battery died!, also had aMG TD with a small buick engine- but could never keep it from overheating- popped the clutch, saw the sky!!
I still have my '66 Sunbeam Tiger, figured if I ever had an Alpine I'd have a bumper sticker that said 'Wow I could have had a V8'.

Top Bottom