• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Flashback

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
of all the vehicles you have ever owned and for whatever reason parted company with somewhere along the way, which one would you most like to have back ??

Jim

for me, it was my first .... a '65 Jeep CJ5 with a Dauntless 4 cylinder engine and 3 speed manual tranny .... a heater was a dealer installed option, it came in a box in the back of the Jeep .... a top was also a dealer installed option .... no radio, no seat belts, no back seat, no AC, no power steering .... the gas tank was inside the cab, mounted directly below driver's seat .... it would do 50 - 55 mph falling off a cliff .. :)

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Went to college about a hundred miles from home, in Yakima. Had a friend at the dorm where I stayed, someone had given him a '57 Chevy bel air 2 door hardtop, pristine body and interior, but with no engine or tranny, V8, automatic, he was moving out of the dorm into an apartment and had no place to park it, he offered it to me for $10.00. I had previously bought a '57 Chevy 4 door station wagon 283, powerglide for $65.00 and drove it home. As I would have had to tow the hardtop home and at the time I owned my '56 chevy, a 56 VW convertible I made my buggy out of, 2 '39 chevy coupes, a '59 Morris Minor and a '51 Willys jeep pickup, and my father had informed me earlier 'you know son this is a farm not a wrecking yard' I passed on the hardtop, but as the value of those tri-fives escalated over the years, I often thought, the car was in the original owners name, my friend hadn't changed the title over as it didn't run, if I had bought the car, taken the engine and tranny out of the wagon and put in the hardtop, in those days they were not 'numbers matching' just date coded, so would it have been correct for the car, I would have a total of $75.00 invested, I could have parted out the wagon and made more than the initial cost, covered it up in the barn and years later sold it as a 'one-owner barn find' and paid for my daughters college education
I also miss my 1961 Ford Econoline pickup, 6 cylinder three on the tree, paid 3 hundred for it, drove it for five years and they changed the speed limit on my commute from 55 mph to 65 mph, knew it wouldn't do 65 if I got out and pushed, sold it for $500.00

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
About 25 yrs ago I restored a 64 Plymouth Sport Fury. Hated to let it go.
64Plymouth.jpg

wjdom

Elio Addict
Reaction score
of all the vehicles you have ever owned and for whatever reason parted company with somewhere along the way, which one would you most like to have back ??

Jim

for me, it was my first .... a '65 Jeep CJ5 with a Dauntless 4 cylinder engine and 3 speed manual tranny .... a heater was a dealer installed option, it came in a box in the back of the Jeep .... a top was also a dealer installed option .... no radio, no seat belts, no back seat, no AC, no power steering .... the gas tank was inside the cab, mounted directly below driver's seat .... it would do 50 - 55 mph falling off a cliff .. :)

My favorite was a 1970 Impala Coupe, midnight blue, 350cu in, a land barge but a sweet ride.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first pickup, 1956 Ford, fire engine red, wood floor in the box, with Holstein cows painted on the doors. (Bought it from a dairy farmer.) Her name was Rosie, I loved that truck! :) Second choice, My very first car, 1958 Dodge Coronet, 2 door, hard top, black with push button transmission. Named him Sherman cause you felt like you were driving a tank! Paid $150.00 for Rosie and $50.00 for Sherman.

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Best ever: Early 70's VW Bus that I bought when stationed in Berlin, Germany. Rebuilt the motor in my apartment parking lot and drove it many times through the Berlin Corridor to Helmstedt and all points in Europe. Used it for camping in the Hartz Mountains. Sold it for more than I paid for it when I left Germany three years later. Had more fun in that vehicle than any other I have ever owned including a VW based Manx dune buggy that I built, other 4-wheel drive vehicles, Dodge convertible, and too many other vehicles to list.

Top Bottom