• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Reservation Map And Survey

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is considered to be the first solid state device in electronics. This is not a joke or a trick question. As a matter of fact one was on display at the Electronic World Fair in Boston in 1970.
I don't know anything about the Boston World Fair, but the first solid state electronic device was the Cat's-whisker Detector

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Folks, as for the first solid state device,I don't know unless it is diode or a transistor. I am not an electronics expert. I am saying the original wiring was bypassed with a jumper to the battery instead of troubleshooting the system and replacing what the problem was. And you can call it "cowboy rigged" from "Abileen" if that is your choice of words.
I'll settle for the term "Jerry rigged" in that that refers to a Nazi Germany solder and no reference to me or you. OK? Your guess is closer than a cat whisker referred to earlier.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is also #3029 in Fayetteville.
Hey Jambe; your forgot to animate your
bug.gif
Nat.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we live between Raleigh and Fayetteville (closer to Raleigh) .... we hope to get to the Elio exhibit that is supposed to be in the Raleigh/Cary area in December .... I have no clue how to Canvas the area .... what I can say is I spoken to a bunch of folks and have yet to meet one who has ever heard of Elio Motors .... that doesn't mean there aren't any, there simply has to be .... the initial reaction I have gotten usually involves something like there is no way I'd drive something like that in Raleigh traffic .... hopefully as time goes by solid information will take hold

Jim
I've seen one bumper sticker in the Memphis area. I don't even remember where I read first of the Elio. It just caught my imagination as a well executed design idea. I've always said the greatest safety feature of any auto is the driver. I'd like to think folks here are anxious to prove themselves as superior drivers too.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the Boston World Fair, but the first solid state electronic device was the Cat's-whisker Detector
I stand corrected!!!!!!!!!! I see that that the first use was somewhere around 1906. The one I was purporting was a
Selenium Diode used in WWII bombs to count propeller revs to explode at a certain altitude.

Top Bottom