• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors @ New York Auto Show 2015

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember seeing the"big boys" having their semi's parked along side the Center, The drivers "lived" in 'em for the duration, and there must be heavy fees we don't begin to fathom. I seriously doubt that the 100k will be 1/2- Hotels within walking distance will be at a premium. This is prime NY location and the subways are a schlep!!

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The rumors have proven to be true. Elio Motors has listed the New York Auto Show as an upcoming event on their web site.

New York Autoshow - www.autoshowny.com
April 03, 2015 - April 12, 2015
Jacob Javits Center
Level 1 - Booth 1415

View attachment 4987

Thanks for the info Goofyone. I hope to be there early on Friday to beat the rush for the whole event. That is, unless someone wants to make me "press" for Thursday! :-)

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Give or take a few thousand , a 20x40 "island" in a major auto show is $40,000

I know that a booth at a Foodservice bi-annual convention is $80,000, size was 70' x 20', last month. And there were other costs too, such as vacuuming the carpet, the pad under the carpet, getting a forklift driver over to lift a heavy piece of equipment on to a cart, etc.

And GoofyOne / Hector is right... the cost keeps going up when you think of travel, lodging, food for the people working the booth, plus schmoozing, etc.... it gets to be 6 figures quickly and easily.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know that a booth at a Foodservice bi-annual convention is $80,000, size was 70' x 20', last month. And there were other costs too, such as vacuuming the carpet, the pad under the carpet, getting a forklift driver over to lift a heavy piece of equipment on to a cart, etc.

And GoofyOne / Hector is right... the cost keeps going up when you think of travel, lodging, food for the people working the booth, plus schmoozing, etc.... it gets to be 6 figures quickly and easily.
That's reasonable enough. It's only 80 $1K all-in reservations.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
An article on Elio Motors will appear in the very first edition of the new Men's Style section of the New York Times on Friday, April 3. This is the first time since 2005 that the New York Times has added a new section so they will likely be making a big deal of this. Of course it also happens to feature the Elio right when it is in town for the New York Auto Show which should make for some nice promotion for EM especially as they are seeking investors.

Something for those of you in the New York area to look out for and hopefully the article makes it online as well.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An article on Elio Motors will appear in the very first edition of the new Men's Style section of the New York Times on Friday, April 3. This is the first time since 2005 that the New York Times has added a new section so they will likely be making a big deal of this. Of course it also happens to feature the Elio right when it is in town for the New York Auto Show which should make for some nice promotion for EM especially as they are seeking investors.

Something for those of you in the New York area to look out for and hopefully the article makes it online as well.
Cool. Hopefully, it'll have a decent headline and not something like "Delays don't deter weird 3 wheel car company hopeful" or "Three wheel venture teetering on edge awaiting government funding" ... I'd much rather see "Wildly popular Elio to make major announcement about early production at NY Auto Show" or "84MPG? That's old news. The Elio has proven to get 92 MPG yet maintains $6,800 price"

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cool. Hopefully, it'll have a decent headline and not something like "Delays don't deter weird 3 wheel car company hopeful" or "Three wheel venture teetering on edge awaiting government funding" ... I'd much rather see "Wildly popular Elio to make major announcement about early production at NY Auto Show" or "84MPG? That's old news. The Elio has proven to get 92 MPG yet maintains $6,800 price"

There's a future ahead on Madison Ave! :D

Top Bottom