• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors @ New York Auto Show 2015

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps those of us who want a second elio should place a reservation before the show, because the show may result in an avalanche of reservations.

In fact, is this why the reservations were scheduled to end March 31, 2015? (Hope my date is correct.)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps those of us who want a second elio should place a reservation before the show, because the show may result in an avalanche of reservations.

In fact, is this why the reservations were scheduled to end March 31, 2015? (Hope my date is correct.)
and might be the time to close the incentive door

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will bring back many pictures and videos if possible . I can't wait to sit in an Elio . Any opportunity I have to speak with Elio personnel , questions will be asked . If anyone has any specific questions they would like me to ask , post them up .
"I can't wait to sit in an Elio ."

You're gonna love it. Savor every second.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is pretty much no doubt this showing will result in publicity for EM so hopefully most of the publicity generated will be positive. I would also be surprised if EM, and their New York City based broker dealer, were not lining up potential investors to take a look at the vehicle first hand during this event.
Let's hope the raise the exhaust system this time. N.Y. is where they lost the original.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps they will have the motor in the vehicle (P4 or E). That would be good. The actual motor they have will probably need to continue to be available for IAV to test, so it probably can not be there.

However, they can have castings machined and assembled and sitting in the vehicle. This would be very good PR.

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, displaying at a Professional Auto Show, like the New York Auto Show should get them major exposure (and hopefully capable investors), but it also exposes them to the critical automotive media, that may not look too kindly on a not fully functional, P4 'mule' with a 20 year old power plant, no standard radio, heater, AC, airbags, ABS, VSC, or even an operational trunk lock. Major Auto Show goers usually expect to see near-production ready Prototypes... even if they are never produced. It is a Big Step for Elio Motors, and a bit of a gamble.... lets hope it works out. Awaiting the 'Press Reviews'.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, displaying at a Professional Auto Show, like the New York Auto Show should get them major exposure (and hopefully capable investors), but it also exposes them to the critical automotive media, that may not look too kindly on a not fully functional, P4 'mule' with a 20 year old power plant, no standard radio, heater, AC, airbags, ABS, VSC, or even an operational trunk lock. Major Auto Show goers usually expect to see near-production ready Prototypes... even if they are never produced. It is a Big Step for Elio Motors, and a bit of a gamble.... lets hope it works out. Awaiting the 'Press Reviews'.
Mangez vos mots

Top Bottom