• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. So we are all still working within a framework of conjecture here.
MK
We can only 'comment' on what Elio Motors PROVIDES us...... however OLD it is. Some more information on their recent 'PROGRESS' would be helpful.
"Each week we are taking you along on our journey by sharing some of our progress making your Elio."" Quote from 13, Sept, 2013

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Might be useful to forward the poll results to someone at Elio -- they need to know that it's 3:1 hating the dash -- and this from people who have actually plunked their money down to buy the car! Maybe the'll listen.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Might be useful to forward the poll results to someone at Elio -- they need to know that it's 3:1 hating the dash -- and this from people who have actually plunked their money down to buy the car! Maybe the'll listen.

Trust me, from chatting with the Elio Motors tour people we know that they are well aware of the reactions to the current Elgin dash design. We will just have to see what changes have been made in the newer dash mockup to see if they have chosen to listen to some of the comments.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Trust me, from chatting with the Elio Motors tour people we know that they are well aware of the reactions to the current Elgin dash design. We will just have to see what changes have been made in the newer dash mockup to see if they have chosen to listen to some of the comments.
Glad to hear they know folks are unhappy. But the design is pretty well done by now, so it might be nice to see the current candidate dashes.
I wish Elio were a little quicker to float trial balloons ... time's ticking along....

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear they know folks are unhappy. But the design is pretty well done by now, so it might be nice to see the current candidate dashes.
I wish Elio were a little quicker to float trial balloons ... time's ticking along....

I think we would all like to see more of the trial balloons at this point but we just have to be as patient as possible. :eek::D

Luckily the dash is actually one part that EM could really continue to refine until just a few months out from production as it can be changed relatively easily up until the time it needs to enter production. Hopefully this means the design will evolve into something a bit more palatable for the majority of owners.:)

While the chassis and body are unlikely to change between the P5 and production I expect to see a lot of details change over the next year as the vehicle development program advances and final component determinations are made along with resolving any issues discovered in testing.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio has listened! (maybe) I spoke with someone at the Elio office yesterday, and at the end of the call asked about the Elgin dash ... mentioned how much folks on this forum loathed it ... he said they were well aware of the negative feelings towards that dash, and that they do check in on this group from time to time.

So perhaps we've been heard, and won't have to live with that thing.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We can only 'comment' on what Elio Motors PROVIDES us...... however OLD it is. Some more information on their recent 'PROGRESS' would be helpful.
The current reporting IS based on their most recent progress.........at somewhat of a standstill until the new prototype builds start and finish with the new IAV engine dropped in. They have been marketing the heck out of the end of bonus day. Perhaps a new marketing direction after that Sept. 1 Deadline.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Elio has listened! (maybe) I spoke with someone at the Elio office yesterday, and at the end of the call asked about the Elgin dash ... mentioned how much folks on this forum loathed it ... he said they were well aware of the negative feelings towards that dash, and that they do check in on this group from time to time.

So perhaps we've been heard, and won't have to live with that thing.

until this thread I'd never heard of an Elgin Dash and I can't ever recall buying a vehicle based on the appearance of the dash .... what I look for in a dash is if it is easy for me to quickly determine what I want to know .... I prefer gauges over idiot lights but such lights are commonly used .... I've never liked a digital readout on a speedometer, I find (specially at night) it can be distracting when the readout flickers between numbers .... likes/dislikes are one thing and what really matters is often another .... for me the bottom line is I want it to be easy to use, accurate, and durable

Jim

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could live with this dash.......but will take whatever best works based on form follows function & cost..........it's only a dash.
image.jpg

Top Bottom