• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
snip
Some of the standard features include ABS, steel anti-roll bar along with front and side airbags. The driver is seated at the centre of the vehicle with his passenger directly behind. Both the driver and passenger seats have rear storage decks that are capable of housing one helmet each. end quote

Can someone please tell me what they mean by storage decks? I don't remember seeing a storage deck when I saw the Elio in Portland. Let alone two of them. LOL :) Z

Hi Z

I believe it is just a nice way to say very small trunk... two helmets could fit in the back and it could be called a storage deck for helmets...

Proud to Be an Elio owner #2225

jlewis3323

Elio Fan
Reaction score
A cool car deserves a cool dash. Why not use a simple "pad like" tablet display that is placed on dash. Digital Display has touch screen Graphical User Interface to select or configure digital read outs (Speed, mileage, rpms, engine temperature, oil pressure, voltage, mpg, fuel, trip mileage, miles to empty, compass, warning indicators- engine light, abs, brakes, airbags, maintenance interval). Options could be plug ins for GPS and rear view camera.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A cool car deserves a cool dash. Why not use a simple "pad like" tablet display that is placed on dash. Digital Display has touch screen Graphical User Interface to select or configure digital read outs (Speed, mileage, rpms, engine temperature, oil pressure, voltage, mpg, fuel, trip mileage, miles to empty, compass, warning indicators- engine light, abs, brakes, airbags, maintenance interval). Options could be plug ins for GPS and rear view camera.
I'd be happy with a mounting point and a power source .... I recently found an app called Torque. You plug a blue-tooth adapter into your OBD2 jack, and Torque shows you no end of information about your car's real-time performance displayed on your pad or smartphone. The adapter cost me $23 dollars (cheaper ones are out there for about $10.00 retail), and the app was $4.95. You can configure the app to show what you are interested in ... so it wouldn't cost Elio a ton to make the connection point and the BT adapter part of the car. Under $10.00, in fact.

Top Bottom