• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you are on the internet at all, you are in the 40% of the world that has access to it. And I am guessing you own a computer, top 20%, a tablet top 6%. See you get more and more elite.. from Google:

If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of the world.

If you have money in the bank, your wallet, and some spare change you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.

See how lucky we are... no need to be in the 1% to be happy, healthy and wise.
I am moderately happy. :)

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am moderately happy. :)

Its not for the material things that I am happiest about. It would be my kids who between my wife and I and the community of people we surround ourselves with are helping to shape them into good people.

My eldest son is in his Senior year of high school. He is working towards ASL (American Sign Language) studies. Wants to teach and interpretation. Works part time at his school with young kids. Born leader.

Number 2 Son...loves computers and wants to work alongside me in the field. Likes to program and run servers.

My daughter loves Science and Technology but is really good with animals. Loves young children.

Number 3 son...Just absolutely absorbed with Science. Takes it all in and shares it with us.

So yea I'm happy.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
One good thing about Subaru is they hold their value pretty good, it took me a year to find a used Forrester XT that I liked, it's not that I was looking for a steal, but it was just finding someone selling one!
What part of the country are you in? I just did a quick search for within 50 miles of my zip code and found 200+ of them; most below market value.
So finding them in the Pacific NW would be like trying to throw a rock and not hitting one :becky:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BB, sounds like you have a good handle on your finances. There are a few of us in the same status. But, a majority of American don't have a pot to piss in and expect to live off of Social Security and the government. Future looks bleak for America.
The economy is much improved over 8 years ago. I think the future is looking rather bright for America for those that get some job training, have the motivation to succeed, manage their finances, and stay away from risky investment opportunities.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Too bad, hows the rust issue with the ones you have?
'75 is basically a parts car. The '74 has some fixable rust in the engine compartment, very complete and is going to stay completely stock in the resto down the road. The '73 was built to accept a Chevy 350. Flared (911 turbo fenders) and some significant chassis stiffening. I'm opting for a EG33 Subaru engine (3.3L flat six) in that one. Around 250 hp, revs high, and runs smooth as silk
.:car:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, that's the one, new today.
The SE site may hit $33m 31% by Monday or Tuesday because of this new position and related PR releases. Just a guess biased to optimism.
45 may become the Elio magic number; over 45k reservations, $45m in expressions of interest, in 45days from now.
Maybe sooner, I see it jumping in fast little increments. Almost 1m since 5am? wow.
Now Funding Goal 128% Reserved $32,240,779 -> 8824
I guess I have to bump the estimate up. $34m/136% by Monday, $35m/140% by Friday.
How high can it go by the time the SEC process puts a stop to it? I think even though EM may not consume all the 'expressions', it is a useful PR point to have a higher final result. Given the ever changing rates, it's a total guess but reaching $50m in 30-45days is not impossible.

Are people now really interested getting a foot in the door or are they now just expressing support? Sooo many unknowns. hmmmmm. I guess at this point troll activity in the E website and bogus 'expressions' can only help.

Counting from a June 10th start 20 weeks for the P5 build would arrive at Oct28th. But given A+ is not available until around then, the E series will not have provided the feedback needed to conclude the P5. Maybe a November or December completion date is more realistic. We shall see.

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'75 is basically a parts car. The '74 has some fixable rust in the engine compartment, very complete and is going to stay completely stock in the resto down the road. The '73 was built to accept a Chevy 350. Flared (911 turbo fenders) and some significant chassis stiffening. I'm opting for a EG33 Subaru engine (3.3L flat six) in that one. Around 250 hp, revs high, and runs smooth as silk
.:car:
It will be a go-kart with lights! Sounds like a hell of a project, good luck.

Top Bottom