• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Colorado

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, I am glad someone helped you on that trail as I know it is not an easy one at all. I did the Bright Angel Trail years ago as a teenager and it was a lot of fun at the time however I think I would be riding a mule if I did it now. :)

When we did the skywalk is was mostly empty so we had a great jumping and rolling around on it and such. For those of you who who not know what the skywalk is here is a photo looking down on it from above:

[Broken External Image]
Odd, photo is broken in post, but was able to view it when I hit Reply.
Thanks for the tip, Joshua. LOL Now you get it twice. I'm not sure I could walk out on that. Hieghts and I just don't get along. LOL :-) Z

Larryrc1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
:rolleyes:I've already made plans to be the first person to drive my Elio over the Royal Gorge bridge, then go to the Grand Canyon and then drop ToTo off in Kansas along with Dorothy.Oh yeah ! and then I want to drive the full route 66 highway(of course still with the first Elio).

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OMG Road is something not to be missed! The view is breath taking and as long as you gear down and don't rush it at all, very safe. The Royal Gorge? Another not to be missed driving experience! The "thunka-thunka" as you drive over the planks is an interesting experience (it's been a few years since I last went over, so I'm assuming that planks are still the "decking" used) and totally safe. You have to do it! And the Daddy of them all, The Grand Canyon! That is an amazing sight you will never forget. I saw a helicopter (tour helicopter) fly down the length until I couldn't see it any longer, it just disappeared. Totally amazing. Then there are the national parks in Utah- Zion, Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonland, Capitol Reef and of course what is Utah without Moab? All amazing, all must do!!

Mount up and move out. Shoot, you might not even want to wait for your Elio, they are that good!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:rolleyes:I've already made plans to be the first person to drive my Elio over the Royal Gorge bridge, then go to the Grand Canyon and then drop ToTo off in Kansas along with Dorothy.Oh yeah ! and then I want to drive the full route 66 highway(of course still with the first Elio).

There ya go! A Route 66 cruise! :) Route 66 is the main drag (Osage St.) running through my town. Pretty much follows I-44 down to HellifIknowwhere, OK. Can't make the whole trip with you, but I'll tag along from state line, to state line...not retired yet, free time is rare.

Larryrc1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
There ya go! A Route 66 cruise! :) Route 66 is the main drag (Osage St.) running through my town. Pretty much follows I-44 down to HellifIknowwhere, OK. Can't make the whole trip with you, but I'll tag along from state line, to state line...not retired yet, free time is rare.
neither am I, but I can dream,YES! I HAVE A DREAM,Wait I think I heard that somewhere in the past:D

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not much for joining clubs, but it would be crazy to see a herd of Elios driving Colorado highways. I'm in the SW corner-- meet in Telluride?
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Buzzy. I hope you enjoy spending some time on this site. I believe you mention having a reservation in one of your other posts so I encourage you to complete our Reservation Map & Survey in the Reservation forum. Goofyone will then add a marker for your spot on the map. We also have the following non-Elio threads for your enjoyment: Military, Hobby, Weight Loss, Jeff's Football, Norahsbed Banter Thread, Similar Vehicles, and I am sure as soon as I post this I will think of something else. This is an exciting journey so hop on board the Elio wagon train and enjoy the journey. :) Z

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not much for joining clubs, but it would be crazy to see a herd of Elios driving Colorado highways. I'm in the SW corner-- meet in Telluride?
Welcome from New Mexico and to this merry band of Elio enthusiasts. Hope you find the Elio experience rewarding, informative, and entertaining.

Top Bottom