• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What countries ban, they can easily unban upon facing reality. But that is itself questionable over whether they would face reality or not.
What reality they'll be facing in 2025 depends on how much or how little technology will advance in those nine years.
It will also depend in part on their economic capacity to provide the infrastructure needed to support those changes.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What reality they'll be facing in 2025 depends on how much or how little technology will advance in those nine years.
The thing about it is that if the technology improves and is economical, no ban on ICMs would be required. AND if it doesn't improve, the mandate will have been useless and will be repealed or ignored.

That is legislation to sooth the ego and make one feel good about himself/herself and is far too common. At least for us pragmatists.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a realist, I respectfully disagree.
Even if the technology makes massive strides, to be ICE free will require legislation.
I can agree that this is more of a target that will depend on the right conditions to make it actually happen.
But far better and more admirable to draw the line in the sand than to stay stuck between voter and campaign supporter.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Renewable energy sources that burn clean.
Self contradictory. If it burns, it isn't clean. But I get what you mean and I'm just playing word games.

I'm an advocate of information over selective amnesia so true coasts can be determined. I am not opposed to any technology, but I want to see the big picture.

Perhaps that is because I was working for HL&P while it was constructing it's nuclear facility. The total cost for that project continued to escalate on the capital side even while the concept of clean electrical generation was being trumpeted.

Consider me thoroughly skeptical of promised technologies until all factors are accounted for.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a realist, I respectfully disagree.
Even if the technology makes massive strides, to be ICE free will require legislation.
I can agree that this is more of a target that will depend on the right conditions to make it actually happen.
But far better and admirable to draw the line in the sand than to stay stuck between the voter and the campaign supporter.
I like respectful disagreement.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Self contradictory. If it burns, it isn't clean. But I get what you mean and I'm just playing word games.

I'm an advocate of information over selective amnesia so true coasts can be determined. I am not opposed to any technology, but I want to see the big picture.

Perhaps that is because I was working for HL&P while it was constructing it's nuclear facility. The total cost for that project continued to escalate on the capital side even while the concept of clean electrical generation was being trumpeted.

Consider me thoroughly skeptical of promised technologies until all factors are accounted for.
Skeptical is fine. I am the King of skeptics. I don't believe promises either, but only tangible results. We do know what the existing technology is doing. As a realist, it's good to develop some ATVM alternatives so we have some options on the table and aren't held hostage by old school technology.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Solo's first test run photo. Although I would rather have seen a video of the first track test......they are showing tangible signs of progress for the scheduled end of June reveal. Handled like a dream.......so they said.

image.jpeg

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cheaper solution for emergencies here :D
True, for a temporary power outage where fuel is available, then $350 is a perfectly reasonable investment. But if I'm preparing for the Cascadia Subduction Zone mega-earthquake (9.1 magnatude), then I'll want something that will continue to be useful for the several months it takes for all the transmission lines to be repaired and highways repaired enough for regular fuel shipments to resume.

Granted, that's a worst-case scenario. But PV is so cheap now, that it is simply more economical from a power-bill standpoint as well. A generator would be cheaper, and I can take fuel out of a car to run a generator if I needed to, but with PV I can actually put fuel back into the Leaf :D

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, for a temporary power outage where fuel is available, then $350 is a perfectly reasonable investment. But if I'm preparing for the Cascadia Subduction Zone mega-earthquake (9.1 magnatude), then I'll want something that will continue to be useful for the several months it takes for all the transmission lines to be repaired and highways repaired enough for regular fuel shipments to resume.

Granted, that's a worst-case scenario. But PV is so cheap now, that it is simply more economical from a power-bill standpoint as well. A generator would be cheaper, and I can take fuel out of a car to run a generator if I needed to, but with PV I can actually put fuel back into the Leaf :D

What is PV.
Please expand acronyms.

Top Bottom