• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the $7500 ev tax credit, the cost would be ~ 7739 USD.
And I understand it will be available this September.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This thing reminds me of the Corbin Sparrow.
IIRC it has some pedigree related to the Corbin Sparrow, but with much better styling. Not as clown-car-inspired as the Sparrow. Their concept drawings from last November are quite a bit more stylish than the rendering shown above. Looks like they've cut out a lot of the personality in order to make it less costly.

There is a fairly long thread about it here:
http://elioowners.com/threads/electra-meccanica-three-wheel-electric-email-11-2-15.6693/

IMNSHO the price they are asking is way out of line with what you get. Another toy that will never see volume production.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the $7500 ev tax credit, the cost would be ~ 7739 USD.
And I understand it will be available this September.

For motorcycles (and therefore autocycles), the maximum tax credit is only $2500. So net cost around $12,860.
I can't remember correctly, but I think that is more than an SRK will set you back. But then again, this is truely enclosed and has a seat/steering wheel.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From what I was reading. It is being produced in British Columbia, on sale as of the end of July 2016 and regulated and Insured as an Autocycle in British volumbis. Not sure about other provinces.

Not all Provinces are giving any tax rebate. Only British Columbia and Ontario are at the moment, I believe.

Perhaps Quebec as well.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do notice something else about the Meccania in comparison to the Sparrow, it does seem to sit the driver just a tad lower. With any batteries in an EV drive placed low and nearer the front, it will likely be less 'ginger' on the highways than the sparrow. Still it should be made FWD for best all weather characteristics at speed.

Still the comfort in crash safety and sense of foot print makes it a lot less confident on active highways than the Elio.

Did we see here any posting for the top speed spec on this car? I'll have to check.

Edited: Yep 80mph max. Not really a good enough top speed for my area. Better keep it down to 55mph roads (85kph). Around here the posted is 65mph, the typical driver is doing 75, and the faster one are doing 80. The ones taking the risk are doing up to 85.
If I know the road is not monitored strictly I'm often at 77mph. If I'm sensing COP, down to 74mph.

With that narrow footprint, I really can't feel comfortable doing 74 in the Meccania. It is a urban city car primarily.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My suggestion, Meccanica with the High-Speed-Extended-Range Sport enhancement upgrade. (includes 2 FWD motors and batteries that fit in the old wheel wells.)
Looks a lot like an Elio, minus the rear seat and much higher investment.

the-solo-will-go-on-sale-september.png

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My suggestion, Meccanica with the High-Speed-Extended-Range Sport enhancement upgrade. (includes 2 FWD motors and batteries that fit in the old wheel wells.)
Looks a lot like an Elio, minus the rear seat and much higher investment.

View attachment 10927
Looks like a James Bond model that is stretching out to turn into a plane or a boat.
Thats it, a backwards ice boat! All it needs now are blades and a mast with sail. :thumb:

Top Bottom