• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Did You Buy More, Same, Less Than Your Pledge Amount?

When you bought your stock. Did you buy more, same, or less than your pledge amount?

• more

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • same

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • less

Votes: 20 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jag39

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you bought your stock. Did you buy more, same or less than what you pledged?
I bought less. I bought 500 shares, but originally had planned on around 850. My decision to change was based on two things. The pushing back of production, again, and their statement that the money would be to build more prototypes to crash. Frankly, I almost backed out altogether, but alas, I'm in, again.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jag, I don't think there's been a production slip since the Reg A+ process started. PE just said production is still on track for Q4 2016 at the P5 Reveal. Although, I can understand why you might think it's at risk of slipping into 2017. Not that you have to justify your opinion, but I'm curious, why would crash testing bother you? Those destructive tests are necessary to validate the crash safety of the Elio, which will be an important factor in eventual sales. I know I'd be more reluctant to drive such a small vehicle if it wasn't as safe as anything that size could be. That's the primary reason I don't ride a motorcycle now. I was considering buying one to commute and two issues made me decide against it. The most important is because any accident would potentially lethal and the other is that the lack of a climate controlled cabin limits how much I could ride. It just seems to me like proper due diligence to go through all of the testing a small four wheeled car would have to .

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Decided that losing $27K of my Roth on stupid TRUE (TrueCar) was enough for 2015. From now on, it's only my company stock, my 401(k) mutuals, AT&T and GE. I decided that it's cool to pay only $7K for an Elio, but not so cool to own part of the company that sells it for that price.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Took me all of eleven minutes--but I got hung up on the last page where I tried to enter info on the page that can't be filled out.

Top Bottom